amberdidi

Adware.Vundo/Variant-MSFake,is this False please

Hi,

I did a scan with Superantispware and it found (2) Adware.Vundo/Variant-MSFake. It removed I think because I clicked next and then rebooted. They are now in Quaratine. I am so new at this sorry. What do I do now. Do I remove permantely from quaratine? Are they removed from my system? I downloaded the newest updates before I ran a scan. Are they a Trojan? Any help would be so appreciated. Thank you.

Microsoft Windows Vista-Home Premium (x64)

Hi,

I did a scan with Superantispware and it found (2) Adware.Vundo/Variant-MSFake. It removed I think because I clicked next and then rebooted. They are now in Quaratine. I am so new at this sorry. What do I do now. Do I remove permantely from quaratine? Are they removed from my system? I downloaded the newest updates before I ran a scan. Are they a Trojan? Any help would be so appreciated. Thank you.

Microsoft Windows Vista-Home Premium (x64)

Please post your scan log here so we can review the findings.

Hi, Here is my scan log. Thank you.

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log

https://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 10/13/2009 at 09:42 AM

Application Version : 4.29.1002

Core Rules Database Version : 4162

Trace Rules Database Version: 2086

Scan type : Custom Scan

Total Scan Time : 00:26:28

Memory items scanned : 414

Memory threats detected : 0

Registry items scanned : 6438

Registry threats detected : 0

File items scanned : 40145

File threats detected : 16

Adware.Tracking Cookie

C:\Users\Diane\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\diane@atdmt[2].txt

C:\Users\Diane\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\diane@bellcan.adbureau[1].txt

C:\Users\Diane\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\diane@revsci[1].txt

C:\Users\Diane\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\diane@ad.adsplashmedia[1].txt

C:\Users\Diane\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\diane@bellcan.adbureau[2].txt

C:\Users\Diane\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\diane@chitika[1].txt

C:\Users\Diane\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\diane@collective-media[1].txt

C:\Users\Diane\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\diane@iacas.adbureau[2].txt

C:\Users\Diane\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\diane@insightexpressai[1].txt

C:\Users\Diane\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\diane@realmedia[1].txt

C:\Users\Diane\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\diane@revsci[1].txt

C:\Users\Diane\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\diane@statcounter[1].txt

C:\Users\Diane\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\diane@www.burstbeacon[1].txt

C:\Users\Diane\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\diane@www.googleadservices[1].txt

Adware.Vundo/Variant-MSFake

C:\USERS\DIANE\APPDATA\LOCAL\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES\CONTENT.IE5\Z2RRBXSK\EN_TALK-MSN[1].EXE

C:\USERS\DIANE\APPDATA\LOCAL\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES\LOW\CONTENT.IE5\3KESYJWI\EN_TALK-MSN[1].EXE

Hi,

You told me to post my log which I did and now I am still waiting for a reply from you. I am new at this so your answer would be so helpful and I appreciate you taking your own personal time to help. Thank you.

Hi,

You told me to post my log which I did and now I am still waiting for a reply from you. I am new at this so your answer would be so helpful and I appreciate you taking your own personal time to help. Thank you.

Please upate your definitions and scan again - we have adjusted the definitions.

Thank you, I did update my definitions and scanned again. The two mentioned never showed up in the second scan but I had already deleted them from Quarantine before I scaned the second time.