Boopme

Heuristic.ArchiveBomb

Hi, My friend scanned their PC with their product. It found literally 1000's of these Heuristic.ArchiveBomb. I was wondering what that is. Of course I told them to run SAS, just in case.

Hope you had a great holiday.

Wow thats insane. Sorry to ask so many questions. It bogs the scanner til irt crashes and I guess one reboots but is it gone or doees it restart.

I guess one reboots but is it gone or doees it restart.

If a2 allows has detected the files then it should be deletable by that software but....

The thing to remember with reguards the *heuristic* detection is that a2 put a disclaimer at the bottom of that linbked page that it might be regular archives being f/p'ed against.

In which case your freind needs to locate the alerted files and ask themselves the question,do i know where these came from ?

If its data that he/she has knowingly archived or belong to a known *software* then it is more than likely be a false alarm.

That said if your friend trys some more AV's/ASW's and no other security scanners are choking at scanning the files(or flagging them) then almost certainly they are f/p's by the a2 heuristic detection.

The *real* bad files would either be used as support for a malware infection or part of a defence strategy for a hacker to hide his tools on a compromised PC.

So that said is your freind experiencing anyother issue's such as

has their PC crashed/frozen during scanning,other malwares found etc