Vatsug

strange email

Hi, a new member from Sweden wonder over a trouble that happens me from time to time.

I get an email from my self. An mail where the nickname is different my then comes my email name in a bracket.

Does this mean that I have a little "spy" in my computer that are sending mail to my mailadress?

Vatsug

Hi, a new member from Sweden wonder over a trouble that happens me from time to time.

I get an email from my self. An mail where the nickname is different my then comes my email name in a bracket.

Does this mean that I have a little "spy" in my computer that are sending mail to my mailadress?

Vatsug

That just means you are getting spameed.

you are getting spam email. There is nothing for SAS to detect

The mail I get is sent from my own emailadress, at least the mail says so, but the nickname is different. Is it still a spam and nothing that is sent from my computer?

It is very easy for spammers to make any email address appear in the from box, even though the message was sent from elsewhere. They may have collected yours from the internet or from the contacts lists of infected computers.

Just delete such false emails.

i suggest you chk email config to see if a spammer has set up a spam msg as your automatic vacation msg. delete it if so. excuse my typing--i can only use one hand for a while.

regards,