Sign in to follow this  
Auldsod

UNABLE TO INSTALL SASPRO

Gentlemen, I have been using SASPro for some years now. i removed it as it became corrupted. I also removed all the dead registry entries and everything else on my PC relating to SASPro. The PC is clean of SASPro. I mean really clean. I am now unable to install the new SASPro because I receive the error notice:

Cannot install SAS because it is already installed. Rebooting again and again does not help. I think there must be a registry key stopping the new install. Please help me with this problem - thank you. I NEED the protection of SASPRO as there is not another antispyware product on the market that offers reliable protection.

I have done everything told me. First two: SAS is already installed on your PC. Last two: No trace can be found of SAS. :?: Now what please?

The two greetings posts included my name were not placed by me!

This should fix you up:

Download/install the Windows Installer CleanUp utility from the link below.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301/

Once you get it installed, run Windows Installer Cleanup Utility and delete the SuperAntispyware entry. BE SURE that this is the only one you select and delete. Then you can re-install SAS PRO.

The latest version of SAS PRO is V4.29.1002.

Hello siliconman01, thanks for the suggestions. Two of your previous suggestions, when applied. said I could not install SAS because it was already installed, the other two said there was no trace of SAS on my PC. (Psychologist says I am fine, it must be the PC.)

You kindly gave me a fifth "fix", which, if applied, means (the non-existent?) bit of SAS MAY be removed, but so will over fifty unrelated programs, which will then have to be reinstalled . :mrgreen: I really don't know what to say... :shock: except that this looks like the end of the road for SAS and I. Really, it boils down to SAS not being ready for the market yet, which leaves you guys with some hard work to do.

Thank you anyway, I enjoyed my visit to the forum. Or do you have a sixth, not so drastic "fix"??? Because I am not applying #5! It's just too much work and I'm 73! May your days be many and happy.

By the way, siliconman01. in the list of programs that the Microsoft program showed, there was nothing resembling Superantispyware to select. You are not going to let this beat you, are you? :wink:

When you open Windows Installer CleanUp Utility, there is not one line item that states something like (All Users) SUPERAntiSpyware Professional [4.29.0.1002] ? ? If there is, all you need to do is HIGHLIGHT (or click on/select) that one entry. BE SURE that it is the only entry highlighted. Then click on REMOVE and it will remove the installer information for that one single item.

IF there is no entry as described above, then I recommend that you create a support request to the SAS gurus and let them direct you as to what to do to get SAS PRO re-installed.

https://www.superantispyware.com/precreateticket.html

Click on the Customer Support Request button at the bottom of the page.

URGENT PLEASE

COME ON GUYS, I ASKED FOR YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS SO I COULD SEND IMAGES OF WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH YOUR SUGGESTED "FIXES." YOU SEND "NO REPLY" EMAILS! I have been working here 4 hours preparing this reply only to find i do not have your valid email address to send it to. PLEASE SEND ME YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS. I HAVE BOUGHT SAS PRO BUT AM UNABLE TO INSTALL IT. Bob Bowen (Auldsod)

You need to start a customer support request as per the link I provided above. Once that has been done and you have been contacted by the SAS gurus, they will give you an email address to send info to if they need the information. I recognize that it may be a bit frustrating, but working through the CSR is the way to obtain high level support...which is what you need now. In your first CSR submission, include a link to this forum thread so the gurus can see what has been done thus far.

You may also want to run the SAS online scanner to see if it detects some malicious items on your system that is blocking your SAS installation.

https://www.superantispyware.com/onlinescan.html