steve12

After Using Boot Safe Cannot Boot Up At All

Hi Everyone,

I couldn't get my machine to boot into safe mode but it would boot into windows normally.

The machine was clean from viruses and trojans.

After using Boot Safe, the machine is now stuck in an endless loop trying to boot into Safe mode and will no longer let me boot into Windows normally.

Any suggestions?!

We did some testing in our labs on this issue. If, for some strange reason, your computer cannot boot into Safe Mode, then running BootSafe (which forces the system into Safe Mode on the next reboot) will end up with this result. You will need to run the Recovery Console after booting from your Windows CD. In the console rename your Boot.ini file on the root of your boot drive (usually C:\) to a temporary name (ie boot.old). BootSafe makes a copy of your boot.ini file to a file named boot.ini.sab. In the recovery console, rename boot.ini.sab to boot.ini. This should eliminate the endless reboot loop.

HI, OK, I am officially really disappointed with Bootsafe. Rephrasing the op's sentiments. What the heck happened to my computer. It won't boot at all and is stuck on the endless loop of entry.

Your comments though well meant, do not, I repeat do not help the average user who doesn't have a windows cd to use for getting into the recovery console. Is there any other way to get back into the computer to run system restore or other proggies to STOP this ridiculous BOOTSAFE from blocking instead of helping to reboot Windows normally? I appreciate you lending your eyes and ears to read this message, hope you can assist me in this endeavor as all the computer techs here cannot, get around this issue, delray

Hi Everyone,

I couldn't get my machine to boot into safe mode but it would boot into windows normally.

The machine was clean from viruses and trojans.

After using Boot Safe, the machine is now stuck in an endless loop trying to boot into Safe mode and will no longer let me boot into Windows normally.

Any suggestions?!

All you had to do is run BootSafe again and select "Normal" mode. You must be running an old version of BootSafe.

my computer is ruined, it's a netbook so no cd.

The infection you had could have caused the issue - all boot safe does it tell the computer to boot to safe mode, nothing else. You can plug in an external CD/DVD drive and use the Windows CD/DVD to do a repair installation to try and resolve what the infection did.