w9nwrwi

Question about enabling real-time protection

Shelia,

I cannot answer your question but unless something has changed recently SAS does not support Firefox 3.5. I like you bought the PRO and alas it was for naught as Firefox 3.5 is not supported.

My issue is with cookie detection. Maybe your issue is supported.

I have no idea when this will be resolved.

A quote from the support team: SAS currently doesn't scan FF3.5 and Chrome cookies. This issue will be resolved in an upcoming release.

SUPERAntiSpyware Support Team

Unquote

I hope its soon, I miss my SAS.

Chuck

That information is incorrect. SAS works fine with firefox 3.5. The only thing it does not do is remove some cookies.

Shiela- what firewall are you using?

Have a look at my thread, not sure if it will help at all, but I had a similar issue viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3361

One more thing, try updating to the newest build, 4.29.1002, which was released today :)

Please post back if none of this resolves your issue

Prairie dog,

You say I am incorrect about SAS and Firefox.

SAS personnel say this and again I quote: from the support team: SAS currently doesn't scan FF3.5 and Chrome cookies. This issue will be resolved in an upcoming release.

SUPERAntiSpyware Support Team

Unquote

Who is right, you or them?

Shelia,

I apologize for hi-jacking your thread and will not comment further.

Chuck

Hi,

The only part of the scanning that SAS does not currenly support for FireFox 3.x is cookie scanning, which isn't done in real-time anyway. FireFox 3.x cookie scanning will be very soon though!

Use this program to create a startup shortcut for SAS:

https://www.superantispyware.com/downloads/SAS_StartupFix.exe

Some other applications seem to remove the SAS auto-start option, this creates a shortcut to SAS in your Start Menu. Just click "Yes" on the window that opens up, you shouldn't need to select the options.