peter_d

V4.28.1010 pro hangs up in "welcome" window

I just installed SAS pro V4.28.1010 (after using the uninstall assistant to uninstall the previous version) and rebooting, my Superspayware pro just hangs up in "welcome" window and I can not get rid of it. Nothing happens when I right or left click in the Superantispyware icon in notification area of the task bar. The only way to prevent this from happening again is to disable SAS from automatic start on rebooting windows vista.

Any ideas? never had this problem before. Thanks Peter D

I had a similar boot problem yesterday, but in my case SAS showed a dialog box requesting a Diagnostic Report, which I submitted.

We can only wait for SAS devs to sort it out, I suppose.

peter_d

Are you running NIS 2009/2010 or NAV 2009/2010 or Norton 360? If so, there is a conflict between the Norton software and the real-time protection of SAS Pro. The SAS gurus are working on resolving it. Turn off SAS real-time protection for the time being (assuming you have Norton).

Running Norton 360. I fix the problem by disabling SAS auto start, uninstalling it, and clean installing and activating v4.28.1010. Thanks for all suggestions. Peter D

Running Norton 360. I fix the problem by disabling SAS auto start, uninstalling it, and clean installing and activating v4.28.1010. Thanks for all suggestions. Peter D

Update to 4.29.1002 and it's all resolved - even though it's Norton's issue we made a fix to handle it in our software.

Update to 4.29.1002 and it's all resolved - even though it's Norton's issue we made a fix to handle it in our software.

:D Thank You :D

i have been using SAS and Norton products for sometime. Under N 360 Norton Insight lists SuperAdBlocker.com(4.29.0.1002) as not trusted. Norton is 3.5.2.11 Why? Seems all the AV/Spyware guys ought to know each other

i have been using SAS and Norton products for sometime. Under N 360 Norton Insight lists SuperAdBlocker.com(4.29.0.1002) as not trusted. Norton is 3.5.2.11 Why? Seems all the AV/Spyware guys ought to know each other

Because it's Norton....they are alwasy about 5 years behind the curve :)