SUPERAntiSpy

Small bug since 12-12 update

Been using the free version for a couple of weeks now. Since the above definitions update I found a small but irritating fault when scanning. -

With only HD C: selected part way through the scan a pop up box says no disk in drive E:/ pressing continue allows the scan to complete.

Drive E is one of 4 (not used) card reader slots connected by internal USB

Any help to resolve this would be appreciated.

Mike

Mike - it actually has nothing to do with the update - what most likley is happening is that there is a short cut/link to a file that used to be on those in one of your recent document lists. Try unchecking the "Resolve Links (.lnk)" option in the scanning control and see if that stops it.

Gave that a try but did not work. I did a search on the PC including hidden files Nothing found for E:\WA7P . Drive E is for a memory stick and has never been used. I do use Drive F which is for a CF card. Have noticed this problem happens after the Drive F has been used, clears after reboot. This wasn't happening until definition updates on the 12th.

Have you any other suggestions - Mike

Mike - thanks for the info - it has nothing to do with the definition updates - something in your registry is pointing to the E:\ drive and SUPERAntiSpyware is trying to read it - that is what is causing the problem - are you comfortable using the registry editor? If so, search for E:\ in your registry and let me know what you find, and under what key.

The search for E:\ came up blank, Nothing found. The scan finds the trigger somewhere in Documents and settings. Yet numerous searches reveal nothing found. And after a reboot the scan is clear. It only happens after I have used the F:\ drive (CF Card).

Would putting a Ignore in the exclusions section work do you think? Although it is interesting that I see someone else with a similar problem now

We have this report from time to time as the Microsoft Installer (MSI) and the removeable media issue causes many shortcuts/items in MRU (Most Recently Used) lists to point to media that is no longer mounted.

Have manage to overcome the problem by excluding all 4 card drives within the scanning preferences. Thought I would let you know in case anyone else comes on with the same problem.

PS excluding just the E:\ didnt work had to be all of them.

Mike

I wonder if one of the drivers is redirecting the access to the F: card reader - if you search your registry for a f: link is there any?

I appreciate you providing your findings to the forum!

A follow up.

This morning a scan was again interupted by the warning No Disk in Drive E: even though this and the other removable drives have been excluded from the scans.

I uninstalled SAS. Then reinstalled. Without doing anything else it now scans OK. So far, anyway.

Mike this is puzzling - I wonder what in the registry is pointing to another disk.

Please check for updates and make sure you have trace definitions set 1168 (or higher) and the prompt should no longer appear while scanning.

Thank you. What was the problem- just idle curiosity - Mike

It appears a trace definition had a folder reference that was not pathed properly so it was easy to resolve once we tracked it down.