Sign in to follow this  
loginandsoda

Backdoor Graybird / graypigeon IRC.Bot and SAS

A commercial program that is well known and one that is free to download and try but charges to remove anything it finds, has said I have various backdoor trojans on my computer.

Yet SuperAntiSpyware and also a freeware program I also use have not found these trojans, such as graybird.K etc.

My registry does have XCProtector on it but I cannot find the graybird program or sp00lsv.exe when I go looking manually for hidden or unhidden files.

Anyone any experience with this sort of dilemma?

That might just be a Scareware Tactic, claiming you have a virus or something like that and you have to pay get this fake virus to trojan off your system. I would check to see if it is well known by checking the list of trusted Antivirus Venders/url], if they aren't there then you shouldn't trust everything that program says.

thank you, laforge.

its a well known firm, you can also get the starter edition of their program free with google starter pack.

but i am just amazed that sas and sd S+d didn't pick up what the program in question appears to have picked up.

thank you, laforge.

its a well known firm, you can also get the starter edition of their program free with google starter pack.

but i am just amazed that sas and sd S+d didn't pick up what the program in question appears to have picked up.

I would Start A ticket with SUPERAntiSpyware and Contact Support to see if they can help identify this program or virus.

That way if it is a new virus, trojan, or malware and they can't send out an update to catch that type of malware.