mccoady

Minor Issues I wish Were Different/Fixed

First let me say I have bought and installed SuperAntSpyware Pro on 6 computers some on mine and some on friends so hopefully my minor complaints have a little credibility and maybe they will be considered:

1. Whenever an update message pops ups (not the database definitions update the other one) I click on it and more times than not the update doesn't appear no matter how long I wait, I might have to close it out and do this 3 times and then it will finally appear so I can click on next and then it will install the updates. This seems to do this on all the computers I've installed SuperAntiSpyware Pro is this a bug?

2. Is there a reason why SuperAntiSpyware Pro can't be programmed do the above automatically without user interaction?

3. Is there a reason why there can't be a setting to automatically quarantine anything found after a scan? And the option of shutting down SuperAntiSpyware Pro after that quarantine and/or after a scan.

4. A "Select All" when you go to Manage Quarantine so you can delete more than one at a time.

Items 2 and 3 are pretty important to me because I find SuperAntiSpyware Pro has too much user interaction mainly for people who would like antispyware protection but know little about computers or how software works. As an example I put SuperAntiSpyware Pro on my mom's and her friend's computer and both are near 80, I went back and forth on what to install for them SuperAntiSpyware Pro or Windows Defender but finally decided on your software because I knew it was better... in hindsight though maybe I should have installed Windows Defender since it require no interaction.

I know anytime an update message (item 1) appears they will never do anything about it so it will never get updated thus defeating the purpose of even having SuperAntiSpyware Pro plus having a setting to automatically quarantine everything found and then shutdown the software would be a tremendously helpful.

Any chance any of the above will be instituted???

I joined this forum expressly to "second" all of McCoady's suggestions, in particular, I would very much like to see #4 implemented, the option to "select all" items in Quarantined. If "select all" is not possible, then surely you can implement "STANDARD" Windows keyboard options to hold down the Shift key to select multiple entries (if not all) at once, or hold down the Ctrl key to select multiple entries one at a time.

The reason why you can't do that is if you just deleted all those at one time you could run into the problem of making the system unstable, by making you delete one at a time you will be able see if it is a vital program or not!! Sometimes Virus and Trojans actually modify systems programs to prevent you from deleting them or quarantine them as it is called it.

I was hoping someone from SuperAntiSpyware would respond to some of my questions especially items 2 and 3 like would they be considered in future upgrades?

First let me say I have bought and installed SuperAntSpyware Pro on 6 computers some on mine and some on friends so hopefully my minor complaints have a little credibility and maybe they will be considered:

1. Whenever an update message pops ups (not the database definitions update the other one) I click on it and more times than not the update doesn't appear no matter how long I wait, I might have to close it out and do this 3 times and then it will finally appear so I can click on next and then it will install the updates. This seems to do this on all the computers I've installed SuperAntiSpyware Pro is this a bug?

2. Is there a reason why SuperAntiSpyware Pro can't be programmed do the above automatically without user interaction?

3. Is there a reason why there can't be a setting to automatically quarantine anything found after a scan? And the option of shutting down SuperAntiSpyware Pro after that quarantine and/or after a scan.

4. A "Select All" when you go to Manage Quarantine so you can delete more than one at a time.

Items 2 and 3 are pretty important to me because I find SuperAntiSpyware Pro has too much user interaction mainly for people who would like antispyware protection but know little about computers or how software works. As an example I put SuperAntiSpyware Pro on my mom's and her friend's computer and both are near 80, I went back and forth on what to install for them SuperAntiSpyware Pro or Windows Defender but finally decided on your software because I knew it was better... in hindsight though maybe I should have installed Windows Defender since it require no interaction.

I know anytime an update message (item 1) appears they will never do anything about it so it will never get updated thus defeating the purpose of even having SuperAntiSpyware Pro plus having a setting to automatically quarantine everything found and then shutdown the software would be a tremendously helpful.

Any chance any of the above will be instituted???

Thanks for your feedback. We may have an auto-install updates option in the future for Professional users - many users don't want that as often times a reboot is required. All items ARE quarantined after a scan (when you click Next) - we will also have a "select all" option for the quarantine and log file section to make clearing those out easier.

All suggestions are recorded and entereted into the "Wish list" - and we appreciate everyone providing the suggestions!

Thanks for the reply maybe you could have an option to reboot after an update if needed, just something to consider.