Sign in to follow this  
steve12

After Running SAS Pro No Malware Programs Will Run

It ran and found a lot of infections and after reboot I can't get on the internet and no malware programs will run including SAS.

This is the error message I get when trying to access SAS or any other malware program such as Malwarebytes:

" Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have permissions to accessthe item."

Also when trying to run Spybot or HJT the program will start to run and then just disappear.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for you response. That's one of the first things that I tried. Unfortunately it doesn't work. Appears to be a rootkit virus.

Working on a few things, and waiting for some replies from another malware forum. Let you know what happens!

If it is a rootkit the only sure way to get that virus or trojan or what ever it is off your system is to mount it as a slave drive and scan it that way on a clean system. Rootkits are designed to be hidden in the system it is infected and most Antivirus softwares can't see it!! Only sure way to disinfect it is to scan the hard without booting up off that hard drive!!

It seems that in some other Malware forums they are dealing with rootkit infections by using a combination of different tools such as Win32kDiag, Rootrepeal, Combo-Fix and the like......going to see if they can help me out. Still waiting for my turn. Let you know what happens. Thanks!