alis

Many problems with latest version 4.28.1010

Hello,

Today, I experienced many problems with the latest version (4.28.1010)of my registered SAS.

1) After I updated to the latest version, TWO SuperAntiSpyware icons have began to appear in the systemtray instead of ONE icon. (Not always but from time to time at every boot)

2) Almost at every boot, the following windows have come on the desktop and I have to wait for these windows to finish and disappear:

a)"SuperAntiSpyware is now downloading updates to the spyware / adware definitions."

b)"SuperAntiSpyWare is retrieving thne latest spyware definitons from our server, please

wait..."

(These took for about two minutes to disappear; my internet connection download speed is

8192 Kbp/s

3) At ever boot, SuperAntiSpyWare "MAIN MENU" window has began to appear by itself on the desktop without any change in the settings.

4) When I click the "CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE" there is no response and no new window comes.

There was a strange problem with the previous version of SAS, its date returned back to 01/01/2002 and this also interfered with the date of my PC and changed its date to the year 2002. This date error caused a lot of problems, including I was not able to log in to my MSN.

A) SO PLEASE, FIX THE FOUR errors that I experienced with the latest version of SAS (4.28.1010)

B) CHECK IT THOROGHLY BEFORE LAUNCHING A NEW VERSION OF SAS ....and....DO NOT TAMPER OR FIDDLE WITH THE STRUCTURE OF AN ERRORLESS VERSION.

Best regards,

Ali

Uninstall and re-install - something didn't go right on your installation. As for your comments about testing, we test with 10's of thousands of users before it goes public.

I've have a very similar issue with this new version 1010. I've experienced this, actually, as a major problem starting with version 1008 making SAS completely unusable (I have the PRO version, lifetime subscription). When I attempted to update to these versions, and rebooted my machine (VISTA 32bit), I get the SAS splash screen and it WILL NOT disappear. I can maneuver around the splash screen, but it "visually" blocks all other applications as the splash screen takes over as the "front" center view of the screen shot and pushes all other applications to the "back". I've left my PC on for over 1 hour and the splash screen will not disappear...so I know the SAS application is frozen and not 100% loaded and settled. I'm forced to remove the SAS program using your SAS remover tool and rebooting. The SAS program is completely unusable on my machine. Version 1006 is the latest SAS which will work on my PC...

When I removed SAS using your remover tool, I then went thru my registry and further removed every instance of superantispyware keys/statements (there were many, so why isn't your tool removing these?). I then attempted reloading SAS (ver 1010) with a clean machine and pristine registry. Same issue. There is definitely a conflict and/or bug which began in the 1008 code...

Any ideas on what I can/should do?

My SAS is also PRO version with Lifetime subscription.The problems occured in the last two versions of SAS. (Just for the information for those who are concerned: I have been using Norton Internet Security 2009 for more than 6 months without any problems. Could there be a conflict between Norton and the latest versions of SAS ?)

Best wishes,

Ali

I'm usually critical of SAS behavior, but I've been using SAS 4.28.10xx with immense satisfaction. Not only is it much faster to load and run, but I haven't had any of the problems described by previous posters.

My SAS is also PRO version with Lifetime subscription.The problems occured in the last two versions of SAS. (Just for the information for those who are concerned: I have been using Norton Internet Security 2009 for more than 6 months without any problems. Could there be a conflict between Norton and the latest versions of SAS ?)

Best wishes,

Ali

As Nick said in his post, you should uninstall and re-install SAS PRO. I suggest that you use the SASUNINST.EXE tool to uninstall.

https://www.superantispyware.com/downloads/SASUNINST.EXE

Then download SAS PRO V4.28.1010 from the SuperAntiSpyware website and install it.

Best wishes,

Ali

As Nick said in his post, you should uninstall and re-install SAS PRO. I suggest that you use the SASUNINST.EXE tool to uninstall.

Then download SAS PRO V4.28.1010 from the SuperAntiSpyware website and install it.

They need to do with SAS PRO have that SASUNIST.EXE be installed as you install SAS, so you don't have go download it from the site.

Just a few thoughts!!

Check out the picture below to disable the Splash screen at startup!!

Best wishes,

Ali

If you carefully read my note, I did exactly this. I even went further, and scrubbed my registry which still had SAS keys (even though I used the SAS remover tool). Still get the issue w/SAS's splash screen not wanting to disappear (and having SAS not loaded 100% as a result). Any other ideas?

Best wishes,

Ali

If you carefully read my note, I did exactly this. I even went further, and scrubbed my registry which still had SAS keys (even though I used the SAS remover tool). Still get the issue w/SAS's splash screen not wanting to disappear (and having SAS not loaded 100% as a result). Any other ideas?

Have you tried to do a complete removal of SAS by using that SASUNISTALL tool then going the Registry and deleting anything to do with SUPERantiSpyware or SAS. I've had someone else who had to do that to fix their problem maybe this will help with you then going to download a whole new version of SUPERAntiSpyware. This seems to be how to solve it with him maybe it could be done with you. Oh and if you look at my picture above there is a way to disable splash screen on start up!! Let me know if that works!!

Ali,

It IS possible that NIS 2009 is causing a problem. Symantec released a patch in mid-August that had to be retracted because it caused significant problems on some user systems. From what I read, once the patch got installed the only way to get rid of it was to uninstall NIS 2009 and re-install it.

It appears that NIS 2010 is going to be released in the very near future... a free upgrade if your NIS subscription is current. You may wish to uninstall NIS 2009 via using the Norton Removal Tool and then installing NIS 2010. Obviously you should wait until NIS 2010 is officially released. :)

Norton Removal Tool

http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039

Norton Community Forum

http://community.norton.com/norton/

I have been participating in the NIS 2010 beta testing since it first started. 2010 is very good upgrade.

Ali, it sounds like you have two copies of superantispyware in your run keys in the registry. I would uninstall SAS and search your registry for any references to SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and remove them.

Short Circuit, your symptoms match the Norton problem symptoms. Follow the instructions you were given for rolling back your NIS2009 suite.

SUPERAntiSpyware Support Team

Very pleasant forum, congrats guys. Been using SAS a few years now, Had "lifetime subscription." My SAS was eventually corruputed by a PC problem and had to be uninstalled. I am now UNABLE to re-install. Reason: "SAS is already installed on your PC," which is NOT so. I have removed every vestige of SAS from my PC and completely cleaned up the Registry, backups, prefetch - everything. The error remains: "Cannot install SAS as SAS is already installed on this PC"- or words to that effect. Help folk please. Thank you.

By the way, as I had purchased a "lifetime sunscription" do I qualify for a SAS Pro in replacement - when my install problem is fixed?

Very pleasant forum, congrats guys. Been using SAS a few years now, Had "lifetime subscription." My SAS was eventually corruputed by a PC problem and had to be uninstalled. I am now UNABLE to re-install. Reason: "SAS is already installed on your PC," which is NOT so. I have removed every vestige of SAS from my PC and completely cleaned up the Registry, backups, prefetch - everything. The error remains: "Cannot install SAS as SAS is already installed on this PC"- or words to that effect. Help folk please. Thank you.

By the way, as I had purchased a "lifetime sunscription" do I qualify for a SAS Pro in replacement - when my install problem is fixed?

Submit a support request here:

https://www.superantispyware.com/csrcreateticket.html

Submit a support request here:

https://www.superantispyware.com/csrcreateticket.html

Hello, Have you also tried SASUNINST.EXE tool ? Perhaps that works.

Best wishes,

Ali

Download/install the Windows Installer CleanUp utility from the link below.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301/

Once you get it installed, run Windows Installer Cleanup Utility and delete the SuperAntispyware entry. BE SURE that this is the only one you delete. Then you can re-install SAS PRO.

The latest version of SAS PRO is V4.29.1002 which you can download from the link below.

https://www.superantispyware.com/superan ... vspro.html

Your lifetime license will work on it.