mathboyx215

4.28.1008 still kind of slow

Version 4.28.1008 seems to be faster but I am still getting some high memory and cpu usage during start up.

When I start my computer and log on,superantispyware seems to use about 8 meg of ram and then rise up to 50 meg for a few second and then drop down to 500kb.Superantispyware will also use 30-50% of the cpu usage for about 5-10 second and then go down to zero.I am using vista 32bit sp2

Version 4.28.1008 seems to be faster but I am still getting some high memory and cpu usage during start up.

When I start my computer and log on,superantispyware seems to use about 8 meg of ram and then rise up to 50 meg for a few second and then drop down to 500kb.Superantispyware will also use 30-50% of the cpu usage for about 5-10 second and then go down to zero.I am using vista 32bit sp2

SUPERAntiSpyware has to use the CPU and RAM to do ANYTHING - you can't have an application that does a task and not use the CPU/RAM. That's like asking your car to run without consuming gas...... :)

getting some high memory and cpu usage during start up.

Hello,

Lately i am experiencing the same behaviour with the versions 4.27 and before.

I think SAS is building up it's protection shield during the start_up

wich is basicly not a problem, but is demanding some patience before the system

is ready and can offer free Cpu to start using your PC normaly ...

Any comment about this from a Moderator ?????

Berny +++

Yes, we use RAM/CPU to perform tasks......there is no way around it! If other applications are active they will get their time with the CPU as well.

SUPERAntiSpyware has to use the CPU and RAM to do ANYTHING - you can't have an application that does a task and not use the CPU/RAM. That's like asking your car to run without consuming gas...... :)

Yes, I know that any application needs to use the cpu and ram to do something.My suggestion is that maybe you guys can make it not use so much resources.My antivirus don't even use that much during start up.

Yes, I know that any application needs to use the cpu and ram to do something.My suggestion is that maybe you guys can make it not use so much resources.My antivirus don't even use that much during start up.

You don't see it with the anti-virus products as they do much of that work in Kernel Mode where you don't see it on task manager. If it's using 30-50% that means you HAVE 70%-50% FREE FOR OTHER APPLICATIONS to use - which means plenty of horsepower for everything else.