wrondeau

Pre-Release Version

I am one who has recently posted about the problems with SAS freezing the computer, taking extended periods to load or not loading at all, etc. I downloaded the Pre-Release Version. What a difference! It's like the SAS of old. I am very pleased that this has been made available. Thank you.

Pre-Release V4.28.0.1006 is not yet fully x64 compatible. :cry:

No, this is the interim technology release, then next version will be full 64-bit :)

Also the updates are still slow. Still using the old ZIP packing, when 7-zip with superior compression could be used freely.

Also the updates are still slow. Still using the old ZIP packing, when 7-zip with superior compression could be used freely.

The processing of the definitions has been sped up immensely as indicated in our pre-release. We have your 7-zip suggestion on file - thank you!

The processing of the definitions has been sped up immensely as indicated in our pre-release

I'm having the same or even slower update times than previous version, so I don't see any improvement.

Greetings Nick :) .

I know how you guys are with release dates (you don't give them), and I understand why, as you've explained many times, you don't release something until it's ready. I'm just curious regarding the x64 version as I recall you said there'd be a pre-release around the end of August. I was wondering if you still had one coming soon down the pipe or if I shouldn't expect it too soon. I'm not complaining, I know how difficult MS has made x64 for kernel level access and everything so I understand if there are delays, I was just curious if the previously stated ballpark for release was still on track or not.

Yes! This pre-release has some critical changes and we are testing those first, then the 2nd phase will have the 64-bit :)

The processing of the definitions has been sped up immensely as indicated in our pre-release

I'm having the same or even slower update times than previous version, so I don't see any improvement.

Then you aren't running 4.28.1006.

The usual "prerelease" download site still has the V4.27.1002 Pro version as of last night. Where is the NEW V4.28.1006 Pro version to be downloaded from??

The usual "prerelease" download site still has the V4.27.1002 Pro version as of last night. Where is the NEW V4.28.1006 Pro version to be downloaded from??

It's in the regular pre-release area - Free and Pro.

It's in the regular pre-release area - Free and Pro.

And that is where?

Then you aren't running 4.28.1006.

Yes, I am. And I can't confirm update speed increase, takes pretty much the same time as previous version. If you need any kind of debbuging I will gladly help.

Running 4.28.1006. It definitely starts, and updates, much faster than previous versions. Now, if only it would find and delete Chrome cookies (WITHOUT that annoying reboot message), all will be well with the world. Good job! :D