Sign in to follow this  
bilvihur

Unable to Update SAS

Running SAS 4.26.1007 and trying to update to 4.27.x. When I rightclick the sys tray bug, and check for updates, it tells me there's an update available for download and install. However when I click it, I get the message that 'the update must be done from an account with administrator privileges'. I'm the ONLY user. What gives?

I didn't hear anything from SAS, so I switched users to Administrator, went thru the rightclick on bug sequence, and downloaded/installed the latest update. Then I rebooted, coming up with my user id. SAS still shows 4.26.1007! Would the SAS gurus please tell me how to update the engine?

Here is a solution for you.

1. Download SASUninstall.exe from the link below and save it on your Desktop.

https://www.superantispyware.com/downloads/SASUNINST.EXE

2. Download the latest version V4.27.1002 of SAS PRO from the link below. Save it on your Desktop.

https://www.superantispyware.com/downloa ... NTISPYWARE

3. Double click on the SASUNINST.EXE icon and confirm that you want to remove SAS. It will require a reboot.

4. Once rebooted, install the latest version of SAS PRO.

- Activate SAS PRO with your license key

- Set up all your options and preferences

- Run Update to ensure that you have the latest updates.

5. Run a Complete Scan of your system

6. You can then remove SASUNIST.EXE and the SAS PRO installer icons from your desktop if you want.

Siliconman01,before I read your post, I decided to give it one last try. Under my own User ID, I went thru the sequence in my first post. THIS time I was able to install SAS 4.27.1002! I didn't change anything on my end, so I suspect SAS may have tweaked something in the installation package. Also, I ran a scan, and SAS was able to remove tracking cookies WITHOUT asking me to reboot! Another change in SAS behavior which the powers-to-be haven't acknowledged in these forums (but it's a good change)...