Sign in to follow this  
Rollbar

Right Click not Working

SAS Pro right click not working and I tried the RUNSAS.EXE and nothing. When I try to run advanced uninstaller or another program the IE8 wont respond. And when that happens SAS dissappears from teh icon tray. I had IE7 but thought that was the problem, then upgraded to IE8. On some items I can right click and copy/paste, some I cant.

I ran Super Ad-Blocker,Norton, malware but nothing showed up. I update every day cause I like to keep things up to date. The only thing that will run is Super Ad-Blocker.

Note: VISTA and these programs will not run inthe Admin mode. My Advanced uninstalled, malware & Super Ad-blocker will only run in the rregular mode & not Administration Mode, it freezes up.

Now the SAS site says sometimes something can stop SAS from running but noting picked it up,,,,,,,,,,,,,SO,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Do I uninstall SAS-PRO and reinstall the PRO or what. WILL it re-install?

Thanks,

Jim

P.S. I have has SABlocker for a long time and have had SAS & Malware for about a yr.

P.S.S. I can right click, copy/paste in a e-mail but I can not copy/paste this post.

I ran into the problem after a security engine Live Update from Symantec for Norton Internet Security 2009. My system would lock up on login and or you would not be able to right click anything after 1 to 3 hours, with the end result of having to reload my system from my Ghost drive backup.

My SAS splash screen was turned off, it took me sometime understand SAS was the issue.

After two day and three reload I found turning off SAS starting at boot up stopped the issue.

SAS is turned off on Vista Ulimate system and my system has run now for over 36 hours with

no issues.

SAS has a conflict with Vista running the new Norton Security Engine update !

SAS will have to make a change, because Norton will not...... :(

XP has no issues with SAS and the new Norton change. :D

I was having the same problem (right click locking up diffrent programs - windows explorer - start menu - even rightclicking superantispyware icon in the icon tray) . I had to use your use your uninstall program to remove superantispyware (as the normal uninstall program would not uninstall superantispyware). After uninstalling and then rebooting all my right clicks now work. I also am using norton internet security 2009. Please post here when you have this problem fixed, so I can download the latest version of superantispyware. I hate to run my computer without your program installed.

Thanks.

sOulbAit

I want to add one more comment about my above log. I was also having problems with facebook - Twitter - Yahoo - etc. loosing my auto loggins. I had to keep typeing in my name and password each time I came back. Now with superantispyware removed. It is now remembering me when I go back to Facebook - Twitter - Yahoo - etc.

This all started at the same time as the right click problem.

Thanks again.

sOulbAit

Ok here is what I did: Norton does not like there new upgrade, (NIS 16.7xxx) so they pulled it. A new version will be released in about 2 weeks.

I downloaded the Norton uninstall program and uninstalled my NIS 209. After removal it will do a reboot on completion of rebooting, internet explorer will take you to there download site. Just down load the latest version of NIS, it will be 16.5xxxx.

Reinstall NIS and you will have the latest version minus there upgrade they pulled. You can do your updates and it will NOT put the NIS 16.7xxx back in. It will stay 16.5xxx

I then reinstalled SuperAntiSpyware and all works great again. NO RIGHT CLICK PROBLEMS. Yaaaaaaa

Thanks

sOulbAit

Ok a new version of NIS 2009 update 16.7.2.11 has been released again. The new version is just as bad as the old one. It is not compatable with SuperAntiSpyware. Same symtoms.

Hope this can be worked out between the two programs.

Had to use the SAS uninstall tool to remove your program. The normal uninstall would not remove it.

Thanks for reading.

sOulbAit

Yes it is still a problem, the only way to run SAS with Norton Internet Security is to turn off SAS 'realtime protection'. If you want to have SAS 'realtime protection' turned on, the only way you can make SuperAntiSpyware realtime load in Vista, is to turn off 'Norton Product Tamper Protection' . I have contacted Mike Duncan of SAS directly by email about this issue, and all I get is stonewalled that the problem is Norton issue and Norton tells me it is SAS programing errors.

As a computer security professional, I do not recommend anyone should turn off 'Norton Product Tamper Protection' to make any program run. All my other sercurity add on programs run ok, with the Norton release, such as MalwareBytes, Spybot and CounterSpy. Please SAS fix your issue !

I feel confident that this is the same issue that I posted at the link below concerning NIS 2010.

https://forums.superantispyware.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3376

More info on Symantec Community forum:

http://community.norton.com/norton/board/message?board.id=nis_feedback&thread.id=72522

I have a CSR opened on the NIS 2010/SAS PRO conflict issue. Yesterday, the SAS gurus stated on the CSR response:

Thanks for the relaying the information from Symantec; it confirms what we suspected. We hadn't tested 2010, but it sounds like it may be easier to duplicate this error in our testing labs using that version. The real question is; are we not responding correctly to a failure to inspect the NIS process, or is Norton's tamper protection doing something to intentionally hang a program that is attempting to do this. We open/duplicate handles in our memory scan to pattern match our database against the running process. From my understanding, this isn't "unclear" or even unique behavior for a scanner.

We'll get to testing on this, there will likely be a pre-release in the next few days that should remedy this - even if it's something as simple as skipping the Norton processes for now.

Thus, it appears that the next pre-release of SAS PRO will target resolving this issue on NIS 2010 and most likely NIS 2009. Hopefully, it will come out for testing in the very near future.

As a side: If you are a NIS user of NIS 2006-2009 with a current subscription, the upgrade to NIS 2010 is free.

http://updatecenter.norton.com/