w9nwrwi

Nothing detected, no logs written

System in use: SuperAntispyware Pro

Version 4.26.1000

Core 4061 Trace 2001

No tracking cookies detected since July 2009 (I know there out there!), threats detected = 0. No scan logs are being written. Detailed log save is checked.

System is scanned daily.

Do I have a SAS that is not working??

Thanks

Well prairie dog thats a darn good question!

since I have "check for program updates when application starts" checked I wonder why SAS is not doing that. Fuel to the fire.

Further more, this no threats detected has been going on since July and I would think SAS would of informed me of a "update available."

Having said that, we will do a manual upgrade.

I have just tried a manual update. Message is: definitions are up to date. No updates available.

I just tried 3 times to update and now I do not even get a message informing me of update status. it just sits like a bump on a log.

I guess I will uninstall and download again.

I have just tried a manual update. Message is: definitions are up to date. No updates available.

I just tried 3 times to update and now I do not even get a message informing me of update status. it just sits like a bump on a log.

I guess I will uninstall and download again.

Are you right clicking on the little bug in the system tray then selecting check for updates? That is the correct way to get the program updates. Checking for definition updates and program updates is different.

I had tried both ways to update, right click and of course the daily automatic check.

I uninstalled SAS and downloaded and installed the latest. It is now writing log(s).

We shall see how it does on tracking cookies, etc, as days go on.

Tracking cookies continue to not show up upon SAS scan.

Latest scan:

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log

https://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 08/20/2009 at 10:25 AM

Application Version : 4.27.1002

Core Rules Database Version : 4063

Trace Rules Database Version: 2003

Scan type : Complete Scan

Total Scan Time : 00:43:14

Memory items scanned : 524

Memory threats detected : 0

Registry items scanned : 5805

Registry threats detected : 0

File items scanned : 24351

File threats detected : 0

I went into my browser (Firefox 3.5) and checked a few sites. Numerous tracking cookies are shown.

so, IMHO SAS is not working for me. is there a "switch" that I may of missed upon configuration/set up??

Any assistance appreciated, thanks.

Thanks for your reply Prairie Dog.

I am guessing then that this problem surfaced when I did a FireFox update. Ok, then at least I have an idea of what is going on and can accept that.

I hope the SAS folks will work on and resolve the issue since the reason I purchased SAS pro was that it did a great job within Internet Explorer and early versions of FF.

Do not use IE8 since it has a "default security" issue, but that is another story.

My course of action will be to manually configure FF cookie blocking/acceptance for my bookmarks and do a manual delete for all others.

Thanks for your assistance and I will consider this closed and hope for an SAS update in the future.

I'm having the same experience as W9NWRWI, but I'm using the Chrome browser. I'm on SAS 4.26.1004, and when I right-click on the SAS bug in the system tray, and click 'check for updates', I get a pop-up in lower right corner saying 'currently no updates available'. SAS hasn't detected a tracking cookie in my last 4 runs, and I was wondering what happened. Now I can't even update the program. What gives?