Sign in to follow this  
thom0522

Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap M

I have SAS Pro, Online Armor Premium and Avira Antivir Free installed on my computer. Whenever, I run a backup with MozyHome backup my computer crashes. Here is what WhoCrashed says about it:

Analysis

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Sat 8/15/2009 8:01:16 PM your computer crashed

This was likely caused by the following module: mozy.sys

Bugcheck code: 0x1000007F (0x8, 0x80042000, 0x0, 0x0)

Error: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP_M

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mozy.sys

product: Mozy

company: Mozy, Inc.

description: Mozy Change Monitor Filter Driver

On Sat 8/15/2009 5:11:22 AM your computer crashed

This was likely caused by the following module: mozy.sys

Bugcheck code: 0x1000007F (0x8, 0x80042000, 0x0, 0x0)

Error: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP_M

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mozy.sys

product: Mozy

company: Mozy, Inc.

description: Mozy Change Monitor Filter Driver

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conclusion

2 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is really responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

I have excluded all of my security software in the exclusions in the other security software. I have found that Mozy will run to completion if I turnof HIPS IN OA or it I uncheck Kernel Direct File Access in SAS. Do you know if these do similar or the same thing? How is SAS security compromised when the Kernel Direct File Access is turned off? Does anyone know of another solution or is there a known conflict between OA and SAS? I want to keep both programs because I have purchased licenses for both of them. (I have also be talking to OA about this but they weren't familiar with SAS Pro, so they couldn't answer all my questions. I also contacted Mozy but have yet to hear anything from them) Thanks for any help anyone can give.