Yes, it is. I have reported several spammers lately myself.

There's just something about it when security-oriented forum gets hit by spammers.

They may even be difficult to identify for others, for example a case where no actual links are posted in messages here but is in the poster's sig. The messages being somehow logical, if hardly ever relevant to actual thread where they are posted. When faced with such spammers, only a distrustful mind is able to spot them

Example here viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3126&start=0 See the quite logical posting, and observe the link to Prepaid calling cards in Zoogo55's signature ... Why would normal poster promote such as wordpress-hosted ads for Prepaids?

Isn't there something that can be done? I don't see anything like this on other security software forums. It keeps getting worse

It happens on every forum - the admins delete the spammer accounts as they show up. Simply report them when you see them and we delete the accounts.

It happens on every forum - the admins delete the spammer accounts as they show up. Simply report them when you see them and we delete the accounts.

Is there a way to prevent them from spamming in the first place? I frequent a couple other forums daily and have never seen anything near the amount that hits this forum. In fact, I rarely ever see any on one particular forum and I'm on their most of the day. Thanks, I have no idea how spammers work

Is there a way to prevent them from spamming in the first place? I frequent a couple other forums daily and have never seen anything near the amount that hits this forum. In fact, I rarely ever see any on one particular forum and I'm on their most of the day. Thanks, I have no idea how spammers work

The spammers are "bots" that create fake accounts - it happens on most forums and the admins remove it or block the ip's, user names, etc. etc.

And the bots can enter the confirmation code ? :shock:

Yes, they can - there are very sophisticated bots out there. That's why the forum systems always have to be updated to try and block the newest techniques.

some forums every few weeks will ask you to (prior to signing in) type a series of letters & numbers. Can this be done here? i know it can be a pain but a "bot" cannot type it

robin