wrondeau

SUPERAntiSpyware Free not working correctly

I'm having problems getting SAS to open. When I open it it sits (using 100% CPU) for several seconds then opens, fails to open at all or opens briefly then disappears. When it does run it takes up 90-100% CPU. I ran a full scan with SAS in safe mode and it didn't find anything. I also ran Mallwarebytes and my AV (Avira Personal) in safe mode with nothing found. I didn't add or delete any software or hardware before the problem started.

I did uninstall SAS and reinstalled using one of the installers recommended in the SAS website FAQs. The software worked fine after it was installed again, but the next time I started the computer the problems were back.

I am running XP Pro SP2. I have Avira Personal AV and the PC Tools firewall.

I am not sure if I have an infection or if I am having a software conflict or some other non-malware issue. Any help would be appreciated.

I have the same problem, not shure about the memory usage but starting up is a problem.

I have seen this on 2 pc`s, on one pc it improved when I adjusted the settings of Outpost firewall. But starting up is still slow on both pc`s. I takes much longer than usual since a few weeks.

Superantispyware and Avast didn`t find a thing wich would explain the slow start.

I installed a newer version (4.27.0.1002) and the problem got worse, my system froze comletely and updating was impossible.

Norman Malware Cleaner also didn`t find any problems.

We have found PCTool ThreatFire to cause this scenario. Simply disabling ThreatFire does not make the program go away. I would recommend removing ThreatFire until they release a path that resolves the issue.

SUPERAntiSpyware Support Team

I don`t use TF but the new Outpost firewall has similair features. I adjusted some settings and it works again on XP, first it disappeard after a second.

Unfortunatly it still freezes Firefox for a while when I start SuperAntispyware on XP.