munckman

Ignore System Restore/Volume Information Option

In Scanner Options, if I have System Restore disabled, is it correct to have this option unchecked or does it matter?

From the Help, I understand that SAS will detect and remove objects from within System Restore. That is good news because I have noticed that it is not uncommon for people getting help in removing spyware to be asked to turn off System Restore at some point in the process. Instructions then follow how to do it. I just wonder how many people neglect to turn it back on.

Do any other antispyware scanners have this option to scan System Restore? I can't think of any off the top of my head. Also, could you please explain what Volume Information is or is it the same as System Restore?

In Scanner Options, if I have System Restore disabled, is it correct to have this option unchecked or does it matter?

From the Help, I understand that SAS will detect and remove objects from within System Restore. That is good news because I have noticed that it is not uncommon for people getting help in removing spyware to be asked to turn off System Restore at some point in the process. Instructions then follow how to do it. I just wonder how many people neglect to turn it back on.

Do any other antispyware scanners have this option to scan System Restore? I can't think of any off the top of my head. Also, could you please explain what Volume Information is or is it the same as System Restore?

If you have system restore disabled, there should not be any files in it to scan - but you can uncheck the option to be sure those files are not scanned each time.

I am sure many people forget to turn it back on - until they realize they need it! Many other scanners scan the system restore, but I am not certain they all have options to easily turn it on/off.

System Volume Information and System Restore are the same. Windows XP uses the System Volume Information folder/naming and Windows ME uses the other.

-Nick

Hi Nick,

Is there a danger that SAS would remove something from Restore that would be needed, and maybe cause system problems?

I just installed the Pro version. It seems to be running well with KAV 6, Ewido,Snoopfree, UnHackMe, SG, and Win Patrol. Hope that continues.

Thanks,

Jerry

Hi Nick,

Is there a danger that SAS would remove something from Restore that would be needed, and maybe cause system problems?

I just installed the Pro version. It seems to be running well with KAV 6, Ewido,Snoopfree, UnHackMe, SG, and Win Patrol. Hope that continues.

Thanks,

Jerry

Jerry,

It should only detect and remove items that are harmful.