Michael_UK

Major Problem with SAS

Hello,

New member to the forums here, although I've used SAS as an on demand scanner for some time.

I'm posting because I've discovered an integral issue in the software, or at least, in the installer/uninstaller program.

Here's the issue. If a previous version of SAS exists on your machine and you wish to update, the updated version must uninstall the older version before it can install itself. That's okay.

What is not okay, is that all the original drives that were on your machine when you installed SAS must be present in order for the uninstaller to work. If they are not, it won't uninstall and you cannot then install the new version.

Here's the example in my case. I had an external USB portable 250 GB hard drive connected to my machine when I installed SAS. About 3-4 weeks ago this drive broke down and refused to spin up and therefore mount on my PC (although, that's all a different story). So, I had to disconnect it. Anyway, let's call it drive 'H', when trying to uninstal SAS it comes up with an error pointing to drive 'H'. This is even though SAS was never installed on H but on C. C remains, H does not and SAS doesn't like it and can't seem to function without it.

Now, clearly, that leaves me in a bind. SAS won't uninstall without H but H is broken and I can't install the new version without an uninstall.

Therefore. SAS either needs to have an installer/uninstaller that can detect if a drive is actually present or not and if it isn't, work around it instead of refusing to continue, or at least provide basically a 'Look, just uninstall what's actually there and then install to what is actually there' button, instead of demanding the phantom drive be produced.

I love SAS, you've done a very good job and it's a great scanner. I just wish I could install it.

Michael

That means you installed from the drive that no longer exists - the Windows Installer handles that aspect. You can use our uninstaller tool to erase the product so you can re-install.

That means you installed from the drive that no longer exists - the Windows Installer handles that aspect. You can use our uninstaller tool to erase the product so you can re-install.

thank u so much .......................