lodore1000

issue with updating from 4.27.1000 to 1002

Hello,

I am running windows vista home premium 64bit.

superantispyware imformed me there is anm update avaliable. so i clicked on install now. it told me all the changes and then prompted me to reboot to complete the update. so i thought this is good i can now install updates using standard user account. when i rebooted the update wasnt installed.

so i tryed to install the update from my admin account. same thing happerned. the only way i could get the update to work was to shutdown superantispyware, right click superantispyware.exe and click run as administrator on an administrator account. the update then worked successfully and didnt need a reboot.

Im hoping the native 64bit verison coming later this month will allow me to install the updates from a standard user account and ask me for admin rights via a UAC prompt.

Hello,

I am running windows vista home premium 64bit.

superantispyware imformed me there is anm update avaliable. so i clicked on install now. it told me all the changes and then prompted me to reboot to complete the update. so i thought this is good i can now install updates using standard user account. when i rebooted the update wasnt installed.

so i tryed to install the update from my admin account. same thing happerned. the only way i could get the update to work was to shutdown superantispyware, right click superantispyware.exe and click run as administrator on an administrator account. the update then worked successfully and didnt need a reboot.

Im hoping the native 64bit verison coming later this month will allow me to install the updates from a standard user account and ask me for admin rights via a UAC prompt.

Yes, the Native 64-bit version will resolve that issue.

I'm glad to have found this thread. I have the same problem with Vista Ultimate 64 bit.

I right clicked my SAS quick launch icon, chose properties, advanced, and checked to run as administrator. The update took after that.