Sign in to follow this  

SAS has stopped working

Hello, I am trying to run SAS on my son's laptop. It seems to download fine but when I double click the desktop icon to install it keeps saying SAS.exe has stopped working. I downloaded this program just fine on a friends computor but doesn't seem to work on my son's. Any help would be great.

Hi, this is a somewhat default procedure for solving Windows app issues :)

(If you had managed to install SAS, please uninstall it via Add/remove Programs, then reboot your system.) Redownload the installer in case previous download is corrupt. Try installing again.

It won't let me install the program. It downloads to the desktop and when I double click on the install icon it comes up that SAS has stopped working. Not sure what the problem is. Thanks

Is it possible that your sons computer has a spyware infection?

Some spyware will not allow certain anti-spyware applications or their installers to run.

The first thing to try is rename the SUPERAntiSpyware.exe install program to something meaningless, like abc.exe and attempt to run it.

Let me know if this helps at all. If not, I will continue to work with you in an attempt to resolve this.

Thanks

Don