John_E

Update Progress Bar Display Changed in 4.27.1000?

Updated to 4.27.1000 couple of days ago. When I manually checked for updates this morning I noticed the progress bar appearance has changed from a smooth green progressive look to a blue block by block appearance. The update itself seemed to install correctly, however, I've never seen this look before.

Running Vista Home Premium 32 bit, fully patched.

This is no big deal but just want to make sure nothing is wrong on my machine.

Thanks...

John in STL

I also experienced what could be called as graphical glitches after updating via built-in updater to the latest build.

Program looks frankly awful.

See the screenshot from preferences. Tabs look kinda odd, and there's this gray bar at the right side ... Running XP SP2 myself.

sasprefs.th.jpg

lordpake,

I think mine looks just like yours, however, it may have been that way all along and has not changed.

I have a habit of going through program settings (in)frequently :) out of boredom and it gets me acquainted with what I use and what it can do.

I'm pretty sure mine didn't look that butt-ugly last time I had a look :D it can be seen elsewhere too. It almost looks like the entire interface went through some subtle changes in my case.

I have opposite habits and am not that familiar with the interface. However, the updating status bar appearance stood out like a sore thumb as it progressed to completion!

Thanks for your input...

John in STL

OK, I see the gray bar you guys are talking about but can't honestly say it's different than before because I never paid that close of attention. However, are both of you experiencing the significant change in the definition updating progress bar?

I've wondered also why no response to this topic and assume it's because of its minor nature.

John in STL

There was a simple issue with the manifest that tells Windows how to deal with display preferences. This is resolved and we will have a new build out in the next day or so - the pre-release (4.27.1002) is already up for download.