voltron

ssm.exe malware in VirusTotal not detected by SASpy free

Hi;

I recently tried an additional security software "Prevx" to augment my system. I was surprised to know that I have a malware detected which is "ssm.exe" in my Local Settings/Temp. To check if the file is a malware or has detections other than Prevx I uploaded it to VirusTotal / Jotti.org and Filterbit. All three had detections on the file "ssm.exe". It was classified as a trojan or trojan dropper. Malwarebytes, Superantispyware and Avira had no detections for this files. I am submitting to you this rar file (password: "infected") for testing of malware. I am also attaching the pdf file of the results of the independent scans for your perusal.

Can I email you a copy of the file for you to test it? How can I email you the file? Avira instructs me to zip it and password protect it before I send it to them. In the meantime, I have placed the file under the "Blocked Files tab" of Comodo Firewall for security.

Please tel me what to do on this file :( .

Regards,

voltron 8)

Hi;

I am having difficulty with the attachments. Here is an image file of the scan of jotti and filterbit. I'll try to attach virustotal also.

Thanks.

voltron

Hey :D !

Wow, your really doing the rounds! Yes, thank you for the tip. I'm not really a techy that's why

I ask questions about some stuff that may seem a bit elementary to others. But I'm sure am glad your

here. I also posted a similar topic at our forum ( I bet you already know and checked it out). Okay, I will

send them the sample via the application.

Can you reply me in the other forum? I would like to send them a sample too.

Thanks a lot(glad your here!) :D .

voltron 8)