mark5019

super antispyware wont auto scan on schedual

it used to up until the end of Nov. i haven't changed any settings

i uninstalled and reinstalled it still i have to manually start scan i emaild there support havent had a responce yet

xp home sp2, avg free, adaware se, spybot s&d, boclean ewido

it used to up until the end of Nov. i haven't changed any settings

i uninstalled and reinstalled it still i have to manually start scan i emaild there support havent had a responce yet

xp home sp2, avg free, adaware se, spybot s&d, boclean ewido

Mark, we are aware of the issue and are releasing and update very shortly. .

I have the same problem. It started just after Nov. 30. At least that is when the last scheduled scan ran, and I have it set to run daily. Automatic updates work, but not scheduled scans run on either of my computers.

I have the same problem. It started just after Nov. 30. At least that is when the last scheduled scan ran, and I have it set to run daily. Automatic updates work, but not scheduled scans run on either of my computers.

Version 3.4 resolves this issue - our update server will be active in thext couple of days - if you want, you can uninstall and download the 3.4 version now.

Guess I spoke too soon. I am running v 3.4. For the last couple of days the scheduled scan did not work. On my computer the last scan was 12/12/06. It is scheduled to scan every day at 3:00 A.M.

Guess I spoke too soon. I am running v 3.4. For the last couple of days the scheduled scan did not work. On my computer the last scan was 12/12/06. It is scheduled to scan every day at 3:00 A.M.

We have had no other reports of this - I will look into it again, but for everyone else it seems to be working.

Just an update. When I looked at the front of SAS under Definition Data Base Version - where it shows last scan, it appeared not to be working (it was several days behind). However when I looked at the scan logs, it was scanning on schedule. Puzzle? Anyway, I changed the scan every day time from 3:00 A.M. to 4:00 A.M., and it appears to be working correctly now. Thanks.

Something that +99.999% forget to do, especially when retrieving Windows updates, is make sure your unit's time is correct.

Go to http://www.atomtime.com and get a trial and you will be surprised at the offsets your unit's time creates.

Those who keep track of or have the various types of clock management do it for them will attest that many Scheduled Tasks do not complete or start, simply because of time deviance!

And no I do not represent Atom time, etc.

HTH (Hope this helps)

:D:)8):idea:

I'm having this problem with the latest download of Pro. No scan since installing yesterday, even though daily has been set. I tried playing with the scheduled time by setting it 10 minutes ahead of the current time and it still did not start after the 10 minutes had past.

Any idea what might be keeping the scan from starting?

Al

I'm having this problem with the latest download of Pro. No scan since installing yesterday, even though daily has been set. I tried playing with the scheduled time by setting it 10 minutes ahead of the current time and it still did not start after the 10 minutes had past.

Al

Did you make sure the interface was closed when you were waiting for the scan? If it's open, it won't trigger the scan - this is by design so the scan won't start if a user is using the product.

Al

Did you make sure the interface was closed when you were waiting for the scan? If it's open, it won't trigger the scan - this is by design so the scan won't start if a user is using the product.

Yes, the interface was closed.

Al

Al

Al

I tested here and it works - I tried a few different systems - we have not had any complaints since the build in Dec where there was a Dec scanning issue.

Just a possible idea Nick

Dose the scheduler rely on any window services running that say a resource saver might disable to save some cycles etc

Just a possible idea Nick

Dose the scheduler rely on any window services running that say a resource saver might disable to save some cycles etc

Nope. It uses the main program to schedule the scans.

Al

Al

I tested here and it works - I tried a few different systems - we have not had any complaints since the build in Dec where there was a Dec scanning issue.

Hmmmm, I took a look again and noticed that SAS doesn't seem to like the 24 hour clock. Apparently, it's dead set on AM or PM. I can't enter anything higher than 12 for the hour in the selection panel, but there is no indication whether it is AM or PM. That's probably why the scan is not running. I was waiting for something to run in the AM and SAS was waiting for PM.

How do I fix this?

Al

Al

Al

Hmmmm, I took a look again and noticed that SAS doesn't seem to like the 24 hour clock. Apparently, it's dead set on AM or PM. I can't enter anything higher than 12 for the hour in the selection panel, but there is no indication whether it is AM or PM. That's probably why the scan is not running. I was waiting for something to run in the AM and SAS was waiting for PM.

How do I fix this?

Al

You can adjust your control panel to display the proper time - we will be making SAS read the control panel setting in the next release.

Al

Al

How do I fix this?

Al

You can adjust your control panel to display the proper time - we will be making SAS read the control panel setting in the next release.

Ok, I see the AM and PM now in SAS. BTW, the autoscan started after selecting the right time, so the scheduling works fine.

Thanks, Al

Ok, I see the AM and PM now in SAS. BTW, the autoscan started after selecting the right time, so the scheduling works fine.

Thanks, Al

Excellent - we'll have SAS read the control panel setting in the future.

Thanks, Al

Excellent - we'll have SAS read the control panel setting in the future.

I assume you mean the time format correct?

Mine is set as HH:mm:ss (24 Hour Clock)

Note: it is quite possible that the AM/PM symbols will be blank on some systems as seen on mine.

Al

Scheduled scans are not working for me. I have tried full scan and quick scan but neither run. I am in Hawaii GMT -10.

Core 3194

Trace 1204

Version 3.5.1016

AVG Pro 7.5.447

Scheduled scans are not working for me. I have tried full scan and quick scan but neither run. I am in Hawaii GMT -10.

Core 3194

Trace 1204

Version 3.5.1016

AVG Pro 7.5.447

Have you read through this thread? Have you tried the suggestions provided here? Is the interface closed when you are waiting for the scheduled scan?