Sign in to follow this  
Jenni3247

Installed and now no internet

I am brand new here and have a problem. I just installed and ran SuperAntiSpyware Free Edition. Found several issues and I let it fix or quarantine them. I closed it out and trie dto log onto the internet but could not. I use Netscape and Firefox. I cannot get on with either of those. I did an uninstall of it through Add?remove programs, rebooted and still cannot connect to the internet.

I then did a system restore and rebooted, still cannot connect. The other computers in the house are able to connect to the internet( wireless router)

What have I done? Of course I am in a panic here cause I don't have any idea what may have gone wrong, much less how to fix it.

I am using Windows Xp.

Can anyone help me at all.

Thanks Jenni

As I said I uninstalled it....Can I reinstall it and THEN repair it???

Thanks so much for trying to help me.

Just thought of something...I can't even get on the internet to reinstall it.

How else can this be repaired???

So if I get it installed again can I then repair the internet connection with that new install?

Sorry for the questions but I have a fairly new computer that now has no internet access. I had no idea this program would mes sup my computer or I would never have installed it.

Just an update for anyone interested. I copied the program to a USB stick and installed it on the 'broken' computer. Ran the fix internet connection and it is now able to connect to the internet.

Thanks for the help.

I heard such great things about this program and was so disappointed when it messed up my new computer.

Now that everything seems to be working correctly do I dare run the program to check for spyware?? Needless to say, I'm afraid of it now!