Sign in to follow this  
Twinkle

Tracking cookie?

Why can't S antispyware keep this cookie [ @atdmt[2].txt]blocked? I get it a number off times during the day and the logs get numerous! :(

Shame it can't stay quarantined forever it does interfere with what I try to do and have to keep scanning and quarantine. :x

Most web browsers can block cookies from a specific domain. What web browser are you using?

IE8

This is Microsoft cookie! AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\twinkle@atdmt[2].txt I have third party cookies blocked.Just can't get rid of it! It comes in on opening browser or MSN! Grateful that SAS can quarantine it for awhile, just wish it would be gone forever. Thanks for your help.

Reading this thread about tracking cookies,

SUPERAntiSpyware does identify and remove them on a scan so they can be cleared between browsing sessions
, there's no mention of having to reboot to complete the operation. Yet, SAS continues to display a warning that reboot IS necessary to effect their removal. I have always contended that the warning is erroneous, since the cookies are no longer in their folders upon completion of the scan. See:https://forums.superantispyware.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2721&hilit=tracking+cookie#p13924.