Sign in to follow this  
WinTech

Problem with Trojan.Agent/Gen-Uphov-B

I have a machine here that superantispyware detected this particular malware. The name of the file is msfbgbrt.dll. It obviously does not belong in the system32 folder and a google search of the file name turns up nothing. Superantispyware is the only thing that detects this file as malicious. I scanned it with malwarebytes, avg, norton 2009, and avast all with negative results. Getting rid of the file is not a problem, however when superantispyware quarantines the file or if I delete it manually a problem arises. Every program I run gives me an error referencing the deleted/quarantined file. It does not prevent you from running the program, you just have to click ok a million times to access the program you want. I figured I would just search the registry for the reference to the file and fix it. A registry search does not turn up this file at all. How do I remove the hook for this file so when I run a program I don't get this missing file error?

Thanks for the reply, here is the log:

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log

https://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 06/21/2009 at 07:57 PM

Application Version : 4.26.1004

Core Rules Database Version : 3949

Trace Rules Database Version: 1891

Scan type : Complete Scan

Total Scan Time : 00:58:10

Memory items scanned : 430

Memory threats detected : 1

Registry items scanned : 4114

Registry threats detected : 0

File items scanned : 16281

File threats detected : 1

Trojan.Agent/Gen-Uphov-B

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSFBGBRT.DLL

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSFBGBRT.DLL

I should note that this is the second time this has happened to this guy. The first time he formatted and reinstalled but would like to avoid that this time.