jwmghf

Windows 7 compatible?

Hey guys:

I am running Windows 7 build 7260. Is SuperAntiSpyware compatible with it?

Thanks

Any news about this? Windows 7 goes RTM next week and I intend to get it as soon as they start selling. There is a chance that Microsoft will allow pre-installed Windows 7 to ship with new machines long before Oktober 10.th. If so, I'll get myself a new pc with win7 on it. So I'm very interested in news. Please? 8)

SAS - Are you able to give us an update on progress with W7 compatibility? W7 is clearly at a stable pre-release stage at this point and I for one have pre-ordered. SAS is now the only product I cannot install and test / use - which I'd like to, having paid for it!

Thanks,

Our Windows 7 and 64-bit support is just around the corner - we will have test versions for 32 bit up shortly, then for 64 bit.

Come on and get the release for W7. I miss SAS. I bought the Pro version.

I hate using AVG, but not enough for me to go back to Vista :twisted:

Come on and get the release for W7. I miss SAS. I bought the Pro version.

I hate using AVG, but not enough for me to go back to Vista :twisted:

Our Windows 7 and 64-bit support is just around the corner - we will have test versions for 32 bit up shortly, then for 64 bit.

Excellent news. Looking forward to the 64 bit version :)

Awesome :) . That means it'll probably fully Vista x64 compliant as well I assume, since the driver structure between the 2 OS's is so similar (almost interchangeable and fully interchangeable in some cases, although security software may be a bit different). I've been waiting for this for quite a while now and look forward to it.

Thanks for the good news Nick :D !

Ditto ! :D

Where will a test version be posted? On the main site, or here...??

Thank you, all you fine guys. Now I'm reassured that it will all be fine. You will be ready in time. Thanks again. :D

Where will a test version be posted? On the main site, or here...??

Good question!!

Hmm - I did not come on the forum, in my ignorance, since I was running SAS on Vista 32bit, I just went ahead and installed it under Win 7 RC 64 bit and encountered no problems with the install. I actually have it on three machines. This was version 4.26.1004. The first problem I encountered was when I was notified of a new version and clicked on the link. I then got an error message stating that I had to have administrator privileges, which was funny as I had only one account set up and it was with administrator privileges.

I just downloaded the full package, saved it on my NAS, uninstalled my current package (1004) and then installed 4.26.1006. I have the same problem with 4.27.1000. I will use the same workaround and see how it goes in the morning.

I just downloaded and installed SuperAntispyware 4.27.1000 - the install went fine but when it started the first time I got a BSOD 0xD1 error on saskutil.sys right after being asked for the language. On reboot I tried again - same result.

A work in progress!

I downloaded the latest version yesterday and attempted to install it into W7 x63 RC 7100.

It works perfectly, I've not a problem. Well, except that I dont know whether I should activate it or not because

I'll be getting W7 Home Premium and Pro versions.

Home for my Rail sims and Pro for my normal computing so ther's 2 activations to do when I get the OS's.

I downloaded the latest version yesterday and attempted to install it into W7 x63 RC 7100.

It works perfectly, I've not a problem. Well, except that I dont know whether I should activate it or not because

Home for my Rail sims and Pro for my normal computing so ther's 2 activations to do when I get the OS's.

I think if you check your Windows 7 Event Viewer, you will see some error messages concerning driver failures for SAS. The drivers are not x64 compatible for x64 systems (XP, Vista, and Windows 7). These incompatible drivers are blocked from loading. SAS will load, scan, and have realtime protection available (for SAS PRO) on x64 systems. HOWEVER, some problems will occur when removing some types of infections and also using the SAS Tools because of the failure to load the drivers.

On Windows 7 x86 (32-bit) systems, the same drivers are not yet compatible. This is why SAS is failing on these systems....even causing BSODs. The incompatible drivers attempt to load, but are "buggy".

All of this has been discussed/explained in previous posts about Windows 7 on this forum. Nick and SASService have stated that Windows 7 compatibility is on the verge of public testing and subsequent final release... 32-bit first and then 64-bit.

I think if you check your Windows 7 Event Viewer, you will see some error messages concerning driver failures for SAS. The drivers are not x64 compatible for x64 systems (XP, Vista, and Windows 7). These incompatible drivers are blocked from loading. SAS will load, scan, and have realtime protection available (for SAS PRO) on x64 systems. HOWEVER, some problems will occur when removing some types of infections and also using the SAS Tools because of the failure to load the drivers.

On Windows 7 x86 (32-bit) systems, the same drivers are not yet compatible. This is why SAS is failing on these systems....even causing BSODs. The incompatible drivers attempt to load, but are "buggy".

All of this has been discussed/explained in previous posts about Windows 7 on this forum. Nick and SASService have stated that Windows 7 compatibility is on the verge of public testing and subsequent final release... 32-bit first and then 64-bit.

I concur.

However I think that most users would never use the Event Viewer so would not be aware of some of these issues.

Nick I know you posted recently that a Windows 7 version was on it's way and also to be followed by an x64 version, have you got a timescale for this as I guess a lot of registered users are beginning to get impatient.

@ siliconman01 Seems we both use the same software :)

Hi,

I have also had the same issue with the latest version of the software. The way i got round the issue was to

disable UAC, Run the Update and then Switch UAC back on. (look forward to a fix for this guys)

WIndows 7, when i try and install the Latest version os SAS on RC 7100 i get a blue screen of death.

Look forward to the Windows 7 version.

John

SAS V4.27.1002 is now compatible for Windows 7 32-bit only

From V4.27.1002 Release Notes

Technology Changes

Resolved small User Interface (UI) issue with themed based display

New Kernel Driver to support Windows 7 32-bit (Native 64-bit coming later this month)

Support for Swedish, Hungarian and Estonian Languages

I installed the latest (supposedly Win7 compatible) version on my 32-bit Windows 7 PC and it made the system seize up on boot. I had to go into Safe mode and uninstall SuperAntiSpyware in order to get my system running again. My advice is to AVOID this program until they've really sorted out their incompatibility problems with Win7. At present, it's not working.

I had the same issue. The program becomes unresponsive on a system reboot. Could only uninstall via safe mode.

I installed the latest (supposedly Win7 compatible) version on my 32-bit Windows 7 PC and it made the system seize up on boot. I had to go into Safe mode and uninstall SuperAntiSpyware in order to get my system running again. My advice is to AVOID this program until they've really sorted out their incompatibility problems with Win7. At present, it's not working.

Which Windows 7 build are you using? I'm running the only official W7 RC build - 7100 (with all current updates), and SAS 4.27.1002 Pro starts / runs / scans perfectly with no problems whatsoever.

Which Windows 7 build are you using? I'm running the only official W7 RC build - 7100 (with all current updates), and SAS 4.27.1002 Pro starts / runs / scans perfectly with no problems whatsoever.
I'm running the same Windows 7 version but the SAS 4.27.1002 "Free" version, not "Pro", and I'm NOT having any issues what so ever.

Is there a 'formal' place to report any issues with W7 compatibility to assist SAS with development?

I have no issues to date other than SAS is not appearing in the W7 Action Centre as a running antispyware program. I'm running 'Pro' 32 bit.