delerious

2 questions about cookies detection

I have run a "complete scan" on 3 separate occasions now, and all 3 times SAS has only found cookies under C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Cookies. The thing is that I rarely use my Administrator account (I only use it if I need to install something). Over 95% of my browsing is done with a limited user account, so I wonder why SAS never finds any of the cookies under C:\Documents and Settings\\Cookies?

Also, isn't the C:\Documents and Settings\username\Cookies directory where IE stores its cookies? Because I rarely use IE, I almost always use Firefox. I thought that Firefox stores its cookies under C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\.default\cookies.sqlite. Does SAS not know how to scan the cookies.sqlite file?

I just ran SAS on a computer using one of the Administrator accounts (let's call him admin1). It only found tracking cookies under C:\Documents and Settings\admin1\Cookies.

Then I ran SAS on the same computer using a different Administrator account (let's call him admin2). It only found tracking cookies under C:\Documents and Settings\admin2\Cookies.

Why does SAS only find cookies in the current user's profile folder? Why doesn't it check other users' profile folders? I'd like to be able to run a scan with one Administrator and have it scan the whole machine, instead of having to run a scan with every single user on the machine.

I do know that tracking cookies aren't a big deal, however, the fact that SAS is missing tracking cookies in other users' directories makes me wonder if SAS might be missing more serious malware in other users' directories.

So to get a "complete" scan, SAS has to be installed so each user account has access to it? If an administrative level user installed SAS, to be used only by that administrator, the scans would NOT account for the cookie folders of other user accounts? Is there anything else SAS scans for, on a user-account-specific-basis?

Putting this tool in the hands of the "wrong" user could be disasterous. The ability to scan the ENTIRE system would be great, but lessening the possibility of a user's oops! might be a greater need.