Sign in to follow this  
gibxam

browser redirects/errors

Hello SAS team,

I'm at work and one of the computers is filled with spyware/viruses/trojans. The problem is that I cannot run/install any sort of AV or AS service. This is because if I search for Super anti spyware or any other type of anti virus or anti spyware my browser gets redirected. If I download the installer and put it on the computer I get an error, If I try to run SAS off a usb I also get an error message. I cannot open a ticket because I can't even navigate to the SAS website. I have tried all the above mentioned methods in safe mode with no avail. Please help.

Max

This isn't a rare thing to happen, but for your browsing problems, download apple's safari web browser, most hijackers that tamper with firefox and internet explorer DO NOT affect safari, then open a ticket with the link in my signature :D if this doesnt work then holla

This is just a tip for anyone who is having the same problem as me. Use google and then look up the super anti spyware download page and run it from the CACHED option, this allowed me to download SAS, once it is installed use the alternate start (from the start menu), this has worked for me so far, the scan is going right now :) lets just hope for the best, I'll report back after its done with and update.

Just a little addition, this is for a computer at my work, at home I use linux which is in my opinion the best way to keep a pc clean, just my 2 cents though.