Sign in to follow this  
joejoe1970

personal anti-virus, trojan????

I'm new to this forum and all others. I use my computer to route trucks in my job and play on ebay. Just recently got high speed thru charter cable. along with this, I got a PAV trojan and now all I cando is hook up and this PAV ad pops up. I went into folder to remove it, but it denies me. Will SAS help me with these nonsense things. I drive a truck for living and can fix broken truck, but not computer. Looking for suggestions not quick fixes, would be nice though. Tired of seeing blocked. Has anyone else run into this? Thanks, Joe aggrevated in Alabama!! :cry:

I'm new to this forum and all others. I use my computer to route trucks in my job and play on ebay. Just recently got high speed thru charter cable. along with this, I got a PAV trojan and now all I cando is hook up and this PAV ad pops up. I went into folder to remove it, but it denies me. Will SAS help me with these nonsense things. I drive a truck for living and can fix broken truck, but not computer. Looking for suggestions not quick fixes, would be nice though. Tired of seeing blocked. Has anyone else run into this? Thanks, Joe aggrevated in Alabama!! :cry:

Yep Most times you will have to boot into Safemode to remove those types of annoying programs. PAV is so annoying because it is what i call scareware and tries to make your pay for fake products and services. I would suggest AVG Free alongside SAS PRO to help prevent these types of infections in the future.

http://www.tech-linkblog.com/superantispyware-and-pav-exe-how-to-remove-it/

http://www.tech-linkblog.com/avg-8-5-free-version-best-on-my-system/

These will help remove it!!