wagonman10

cookies - what am I missing

Greetings to you all.

I have been with computers since DOS 3.3 and Sinclair Spectrum.

I believe I have a decent knowledge of computers and satellite networking.

I clean my machine to my knowledge, erasing unwanted cookies, recent list, Temp Int Files, you know, the routine.

I also engage System Mechanic and CleanDisk to sweep all traces of my cyber space visits.

Then I erase paper bin content, restart and immediatly disengage restrui.exe, the restore point robot, restart and with this deleting all former restore point data, I like to think my machine is reasonably clean.

Not so.

After our program has been doing its things, it always reports the existence of cookies, which I thought I had deleted.

Where were they hiding?

Any ideas?

Sincerely yours,

wagonman

Thank you.

Question not answered.

I clean my machine, I know how, and your program still detects unwanted objects.

I want to know where in my machine your program found these objects, since I deleted all before scanning.

Or so I hoped.

Sincerely yours,

Wagonman

Thank you for swift reply.

I am not expressing myself clearly, I understand.

I clean my machine, I believe I know how, as indicated in first message.

All my security programs, except yours, tell me there are no unwanted cookies left. All are deleted.

If I then restart the computer and run all sec.programs again, all programs, except yours, inform me only wanted cookies exist. Your program finds cookies I myself cannot find.

It is a mystery.

Sincerely yours,

wagonman

Windows purposely hides certain files and folders - you may have to "unhide" system and protected files in folder options. Then, follow the file path listed in the SAS log.