Sign in to follow this  
ImmutableOdd

SAS repeatedly downloads the same updates with every launch

I just installed SAS yesterday (v4.26.1002). The installation went smoothly. The definitions and app were updated upon installation. The displayed update release info is Core: 3909 Trace: 1853. I tried reinstalling once which didn't resolve the issue.

Each time I start SAS it re-downloads the same files. When I use the 'Check for Updates' option, it reports that there are currently no updates available. But when I restart SAS, it downloads the same updates I already have.

Any idea what's going on? Could it be that the update server is incorrectly reporting the available update file versions so my local app doesn't think it has them?

TIA

Thanks for the reply.

My question is: Why does SAS insist upon downloading the def files it already has EVERY time it's started?

Neither "Check for updates before scanning on startup" nor "Check for program updates when the application starts (recommended)" are enabled.

My defs are the same as yours... Core: 3909 Trace: 1853 ...but it keeps re-downloading them.

Yes, I have an 'always on' DSL connection. If I could get someone to test to see if their SAS behaves the same way, it would be appreciated. While connected to the Internet, all they would need to do is uncheck both auto-download options, then exit SAS and restart it. If it doesn't start downloading then it would suggest it's my local problem and nothing to do with the update server's file versions.

Maybe someone will be able to try that for me and report back. If it turns out to be a local problem here then maybe SAS staff can point me in the right direction to troubleshoot it.

Thanks again.