Sign in to follow this  
TonyDee

SAS - install in multiple accounts

I'm trying to install the SAS Pro Trial on an XP Home machine that has multiple accounts (4 actually). What I'm finding is that whatever account I install SAS Pro Trial into is fine. The problem is that the other accounts don't install SAS.

If I go into the other accounts to install SAS, SAS installs as the free version - hence - no real time protection.

What's going on with that?

If I install a license, will I have to do that with each account? If the machine has more than one account, does each account require a separate license?

.... just venting because the SAS installation has taken toooooo much time.

Hi Cindy and Tony.

Once you install SAS on a particular account, you have to install it on any other accounts by double clicking the SAS icon for that particular account.

Also note that you'll have to enable 1) Real Time Protection, 2) Start SuperAntiSpyware when Window's starts, 3) First Chance Prevention (not in Vista).

Seth - thanks for the response

1) What I'm seeing is that SAS FREE, not PRO is being installed in the other accounts. SAS FREE doesn't offer Real Time protection.

When this machine came in, it had SAS Free. I've used Add/Remove, Total Uninstall, SASUninstaller, and JV16 to remove the original installation.

2) Let's say a machine has one account and the user installs SAS Pro. Then later on, the user adds an account for let's say his girlfriend. It sounds like that new account is not protected by SAS. Is that true?

Thanks for the suggestion, but the SAS Repair didn't work. I tired it in each of the accounts that were not used to do the original SAS Trial installation.

I ended up installing a SAS Pro Lifetime license and finally all the accounts showed SAS Pro Lifetime as the installed version.

- td