Sign in to follow this  
Joe Crow

Do I have to uninstall SAS before uninstalling IE8

Hi,

I need to uninstall Internet Explorer 8, which I installed before I installed SAS. When I start the uninstall process for IE8, I get a warning from Windows XP that all programs installed after IE8 may not work properly if I continue with the unistall. Obviously, I could first remove SAS then get rid of IE8 and then re-install SAS. However, I am hesitant about removing SAS because I don't want to lose log files, information on quarantined items, etc. Is this a potential problem or am I worrying about nothing?

Many thanks in advance

I've never heard of anyone having trouble with SUPERAntiSpyware after uninstalling IE8, so I'd bet you're okay there. Let me know if you encounter a problem.

If you do uninstall SUPERAntiSpyware, do it through Add/Remove Programs. The uninstall process will ask you if you want to save log files and quarantined items for the next install. But settings, on the other hand, will be reset on reinstall.

Thank you very much for the prompt response. I'll go ahead and uninstall IE8. If it creates problems with SAS, I'll let you know.