Gaius

Two issues with SAS - please help!

Dear friends,

I have been infected by many malaware and so I started using SAS. However, I have two issues here:

1) When I run the scan, it finds 20-30 harmful items. When I ask it to delete them at the last stage, the program (SAS) freezes. It says: "Quarantining and Removing Harmful Items" and you can see the ones it is trying to remove at the background. After waiting for a long time, I try closing SAS and it says: "not responding". Then, I close it and I can finally access the list of quarantined items which have not been deleted...

2) After having found the list, I delete all the quarantined items of the last scan but when I run another SAS scan they appear again within minutes of the new scan having started. I searhced the forum but could not find any easy solution. What can I do? And why does the program freeze in the first place?

I am sending below the latest log from my computer. I am using the free edition and I am doing some important and urgent work on my PhD, so please help me.

Thank you.

-----------------------------------------------------------

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log

https://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 05/03/2009 at 03:27 AM

Application Version : 4.26.1002

Core Rules Database Version : 3875

Trace Rules Database Version: 1823

Scan type : Complete Scan

Total Scan Time : 01:11:28

Memory items scanned : 479

Memory threats detected : 0

Registry items scanned : 4636

Registry threats detected : 8

File items scanned : 15605

File threats detected : 4

Adware.Vundo Variant/Rel

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\contim

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\contim#SysShell

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\rdfa

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\rdfa#F

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\rdfa#N

Trojan.Fake-Alert/Trace

C:\Documents and Settings\lexx\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\fbk.sts

Rogue.Component/Trace

HKU\S-1-5-21-606747145-1343024091-854245398-1003\Software\Microsoft\FIAS4057

Trojan.Downloader-Gen/Temp

HKU\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run#Windows Resurections [ C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\zt603lbq.exe ]

HKU\S-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run#Windows Resurections [ C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\zt603lbq.exe ]

Adware.Tracking Cookie

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Cookies\system@revsci[1].txt

Trace.Known Threat Sources

C:\Documents and Settings\lexx\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\J1QMAVUE\l.s.bg1z[1].gif

C:\Documents and Settings\lexx\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\IG89MHOS\l.s.bg2z[1].gif

Dear SAS friend,

thank you very much for the advice. Apologies, but I had to travel unexpectedly and hence did not resond quickly to you. I run several scans and I seem to have finally got ridden of all infections. I suspect SAS froze becasue of a conflict with some other program (my laptop is quite old so this is nor wierd at all) but I kept returning back after each scan and deleted the viruses it had found from the "quarantine list". SAS has really saved me and it is really a great program - I will consider buying the full version and will recommend to others.

Thank you.