Sign in to follow this  
Hazard

Will The Free Version Of SAS Work With Windows 7?

SAS does work with win 7 through you have to do it in a certain way

Right click the installer

if it says its from another computer click "Unblock" (this sometimes prevent certain this from working)

Next goto the compatibility tab and click "Run this program in compatibility mode" and select either Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista RTM after you do that click apply then ok and then run the installer....it should work now!

SAS does work with win 7 through you have to do it in a certain way

Right click the installer

if it says its from another computer click "Unblock" (this sometimes prevent certain this from working)

Next goto the compatibility tab and click "Run this program in compatibility mode" and select either Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista RTM after you do that click apply then ok and then run the installer....it should work now!

Compatibility mode is not a kernel driver support.

If your windows 7 version is x64 (64bit), superantispyware x64 edition is running because superantispyware x64 edition is "not a 64bit software" :shock: .

Windows 7 x64 edition kernel level driver running 64bit and then 32bit kernel driver loading emulation and superantispyware is running. hehe comedy...

I tried running SAS free when 7 first launched, then again when 7 RC ( Build 7100 ) released.

I attempted on X86 - 32 bit.

Both times I was met with BSOD - SASKUTIL.SYS

Trying to uninstall in Safe Mode wasn't happening, installer service not running.

Had to run Msconfig in Safe Mode, remove SAS from Startup - then uninstall at next bootup.

I tried running SAS free when 7 first launched, then again when 7 RC ( Build 7100 ) released.

I attempted on X86 - 32 bit.

Both times I was met with BSOD - SASKUTIL.SYS

Trying to uninstall in Safe Mode wasn't happening, installer service not running.

Had to run Msconfig in Safe Mode, remove SAS from Startup - then uninstall at next bootup.

trying to this;

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2930#p15238

@Hazard:

I have tried to install SAS according your instruction but had no succes with Win 7 (32 bit Build 7100).

Has somebody managed to get SAS running with WIN 7 32-bit build 7100?

Regards paidi21