emilyann

synux/netfirms...rootkit? SAS doesnt get rid of it.

greetings from Australia!

Ive had this damned synux/netfirms thing redirect my homepage to www.synux.netfirms.com despite alot of tweaking and antivirus scanning.

SAS detects it and blocks it from changing my homepage...but despite scanning, it doesnt seem to actually remove it from my PC. I have the free version of SAS and AVG antivirus.

I did the diagnosis thing that SAS offers but got no reply from it ( that was over a week ago)

Id really love to have this synux rubbish out of my PC completely, any suggestions and ideas most appreciated ( im a pretty basic level pc user, so big technical replies will bowl me over :oops: )

xEmily

and does anyone know if Superantispy minds people PMing him/her with matters such as this for an opinion?

thanks for your reply SASservice...ive updated and scanned just last night and the synux thing still attempted to change my homepage this morning. I submitted a support ticket last night too, for the second time. Could you please tell me what happens from here? Will I recieve an email or something to confirm my support ticket has been recieved and any outcomes??

many thanks :D

ok, just to check im doing it right...I followed a link that was the same as the one you have posted above in this thread....I chose to click on the "Click here to submit a diagnostic report" icon....it did its thing...gave a notification that it was finished, but I got no email confirming it. I have checked my junkmail filters and deleted file...nothing :(

I must be doing something wrong?

thankyou, have done that, and recieved the reply email....really appreciative of you kind folks stepping me through the process!

Time to wait and see what comes back I guess.