Sign in to follow this  
Relax

Right click scanning with SAS

Hello

The right click scanning option only appears when the SAS window is open. After the scan the SAS window closes and the right click SAS option is removed.

I would like the right click SAS option to remain displayed and active.

Thanks..

R

I also have this problem with SAS Free Edition. There is no right-click scan option available in Windows Explorer unless SAS is open. And even if SAS is open, the right-click scan option only works if a folder is selected, not a drive. That is a problem, as one of the most important uses I have for SAS is to scan USB sticks that people give me when we share files. There are so many types of malware on these that I really want a quick way to selectively scan such external drives.

Without that right-click option, it is rather inconvenient to scan selectively with SAS. For example, when I try to use the 'Scan selected' option in the SAS window, it always spends the first 10-15 minutes scanning my C drive (memory, registry, etc). So if I only want to scan my D drive (ie external USB drive), I have to first uncheck all the options to scan Memory, Registry, Startup and Cookies. Then I have to Browse Folders to select the D drive. Only then can the selective scan I want get started.

Apart from this, SAS is a great product! I use it to remove a lot of stuff, usually off other peoples' USB sticks.

Anh

Using Vista Home Premium Edition, 32-bit, with all latest updates.

PS: I recommend Panda USB vaccine to stop all 'autorun.inf' infections on USB sticks. It's a free utility. Explanation and download site are here:

http://research.pandasecurity.com/archi ... ccine.aspx