TomN

Am I staying current with most recent version of SAS?

I use the free version of SAS and always check for updates before running any scans.

Am I always running the most current version of SAS by doing so? The reason I ask is that I was reading a post on the "major geeks forum" where one of the forums help persons was telling an individual that his version of SAS was way out of date and that he needed to uninstall that version and download and install the current version.

I'm a little confused as I thought that just clicking on "check for updates" and letting it update your definitions was basically keeping you current? I suppose you could do it his way but why when just checking for updates does the same thing. Am I missing something here or what might that gentlemen at the geeks forum be referring to by uninstalling and then having to reinstall SAS?

Thanks in advance. Tom

There are two kinds of update poosible: the program itself and spyware definitions.

The 'check for updates' button on the main page is under the heading 'spyware definition updates' and that 's what it does.

If you want to check whether there are any program updates, click preferences, then the updates tab gives you options there.

Current sotware version is 4.26.1000. You can see the version you have on the main page, bottom right

Each time I try to update from 4.15.1000 to the most recent version 4.26.1000 (which I am prompted to do by a pop-up box telling me there is a newer version), I get an error message "you must stop the scan and close the superantispyware main screen before updating". I am not running a scan and if I close the main window the pop up box with update link goes away. ??? Any helpful ideas? Thank you very much.

Each time I try to update from 4.15.1000 to the most recent version 4.26.1000 (which I am prompted to do by a pop-up box telling me there is a newer version), I get an error message "you must stop the scan and close the superantispyware main screen before updating". I am not running a scan and if I close the main window the pop up box with update link goes away. ??? Any helpful ideas? Thank you very much.

try rightclicking on the bug and click

check for updates

see if it will upgrade this way

robin