Sign in to follow this  
thebigeast

Found Trojan/dropper/gen - removed - then chkdsk ran?

I ran SUPERAntiSpyware for the first time today. It came back with one infected file found:

Trojan.Dropper/Gen

C:\RECOVERED DATA\ECU4\NAVIMAGE.EXE

I'm fairly certain it was a false positive. However, since I am no longer using that program (Earth Centered Universe 4.0), I went ahead and had it removed. SUPER then requested to reboot the computer to remove the infected file. The computer rebooted. Instead of rebooting normally, it found corrupted files or sectors and proceeded to complete a chkdisc run. It went so fast and had so many entries I cannot remember them all. Some lines along the way were inserting an index entry, corrected error, something about commlite etc. The computer then rebooted normally.

Does the removal process normally result in a chkdsk run? I'm not sure whether to restore my computer to an earlier time before the removal process took place or continue on. I recently had my computer crash and ended up having a tech reinstall windows and have spent a good week reloading all my documents and programs. I do not need another crash!

Any and all thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!