siliconman01

SAS Spikes to 40% CPU when MMC functions open

Am running the latest SAS PRO with XP-SP2 HE (fully updated), 1.5 gbyte DRAM, 2.6 ghertz P4.

Am curious why SAS spikes the CPU utilization to 38-45% every 1-2 seconds when certain MMC items such as System Properties, Add or Remove Programs, Windows Security Center, etc. windows are open. The spiking stops as soon as these windows are closed.

Am running the latest SAS PRO with XP-SP2 HE (fully updated), 1.5 gbyte DRAM, 2.6 ghertz P4.

Am curious why SAS spikes the CPU utilization to 38-45% every 1-2 seconds when certain MMC items such as System Properties, Add or Remove Programs, Windows Security Center, etc. windows are open. The spiking stops as soon as these windows are closed.

Are you running another real-time protection system at the same time?

I have NIS 2007, TrojanHunter TrojanGuard, and AVG 7.5.0.50 AS running. But if I disable them and close them down, the same spiking occurs by SAS. SAS typically spikes 3-4% with everything active and running. It's just when I open the utilities that I stated in the first post that causes SAS to start spiking up to 45%.

I have NIS 2007, TrojanHunter TrojanGuard, and AVG 7.5.0.50 AS running. But if I disable them and close them down, the same spiking occurs by SAS. SAS typically spikes 3-4% with everything active and running. It's just when I open the utilities that I stated in the first post that causes SAS to start spiking up to 45%.

We will have to investigate - this is the first report we have had of such an issue.