Sign in to follow this  
kanifeli

How to access Spyware, Adware and Malware Diagnosis

I am new and anted to ask someone to examine a file i just recieved. i am not sure what it is but i don't ant to downlad it cause gmail says it was unable to scan the file. if you give me an email i can use i can forward the emil with the file. I am a gamer and this might appear like a game but i have found no information about the "company" and no information about the email so i am worried.

I tried it, the file is password protected and i think none of the anti virus were able to access the file. I unpacked it carefully never running it and saw a file with the following structure cause i do not remember the name: "filename.plugin .sCr"

I was unable to rename it and the web page would not accept the file. I deleted the folder and will do nothing else with it. i like it less and less but it could be a new thing.

yup i am curious but i heard and saw on tv that there are threats for new viruses today so i will not take anything lightly but i wont run anything i don't know. i would like to be sur however. that filename did not inspire the least bit of confidence.

normally i'd agree but the trick of this one is that it is set on a password protected file so no anti virus will be able to scan correctly until it is unpacked. the name type also affects the file. when i tried to upload to the webpage link on this thread i got an unsuported file error. that was probably due to the many spaces before the scr extension to try and hide the true extension.