bobbyc

Core 3822 Definitions Updates over and over

Core 3822 downloads every time I click the "Check for Updates" tab. Nine times in a row. Reboot, same thing.

This happened under SAS Pro 4.25.1014. I then checked for programs updates, found one, and updated to program version 4.26.1000.

More multiple core 3822 downloads.

My wife's computer is doing the same 3822 behavior.

I have the same issue--- it shows core 3822 but says i have an update with the trace being 1777 instead of the 1776 but every time i update, reeboot it says it updated but then i look and still have core 3822 trace 1776--- this happened when the update went from version 4.25 to 4.26 but eventually updated but this is a hassle seeing how i paid lifetime subscription for these monor issues...

that is the latest update at moment

Yes, I know. I did check the latest update version at SAS. What I am saying is, SAS will actually physically update the same download, ie; "Database Version 3822 - 03-31-2009" every time you hit the "Check for Updates" tab.

I am stuck at trace 1776

This happens every once in a while. If you look on the SAS website, the trace number is off by one. That is causing the repeated download. Once the next defintions are released it will self correct. Not to worry :mrgreen:

I dont know anything about Comodo firewall never have used it

but maybe something is running and not letting updates through??

I haven't changed any settings since the last update....As a matter of fact, after I started having this problem, I tried setting COMODO to allow all applications and all executables through, and it still will not update

I'm using Comodo Internet Security 3.8...477 with SAS Pro 4.26.1000 on XP and not having any problem. I'm suspecting CIS is blocking SAS at the Defense+ level (HIPS), so the connection request never makes it to the firewall. In D+, try adding SAS to My Trusted Software Vendors and My Own Safe Files. Reboot or restart CIS.

Hmmm... I'm using Comodo firewall since v. 1.1Beta and never had to set all that up. The first time the firewall prompted I selected Allow/ Remember this decision and never heard more about it. You either don't have Comodo configured properly, or at some point you denied internet access to SAS.