Sign in to follow this  
pdatrinity

Using SAS in Vista

Hi all,

I just got a new VISTA computer. I ran a scan recently and noticed that the number of memory items and registry items is roughly 5% of the number of items in windows XP on my old computer.

Does this make sense? I just want to be sure that this doesn't mean that SAS only checks the memory and registry from some sort of "xp simulator" if that's what's going on.

SAS saved my bacon a couple of summers ago and I'm sticking with it, unless it can't check the memory and registry in Vista.

Peter

SAS and SAS PRO work correctly on Vista x286 systems. On x64 systems (XP and Vista), SAS and SAS PRO cannot load drivers because it is not x64 compatible yet. However, scanning works fine...memory, registry, and files.

Approximately how many registry entries and memory items does your system show as being scanned?

Hi, Thanks for your response. I like this software and I'm glad it's still good on Vista.

On Vista, the "quick scan" showed 368 memory items and 197 registry items.

My recollection is that on XP the scans usually had around 1200 memory items and 4000+ registry items.

Thanks

Peter

On my Vista SP1 x64 Business "Quick Scan"

Memory = 389

Registry = 219 (A full scan yields ~5300. NOTE: Because SAS is not 64-bit compatible, I suspect it is not scanning the 64-bit section of the registry...not confirmed by SAS Gurus)

On my XP-SP3 32-bit "Quick Scan"

Memory = 473

Registry = 366 ( A full scan yields ~4360)