i2hhj

False Positives or what ?

For months I have been a satisfied costumer of Pareto Logic having purchased their RegCure and PrivacyControl.

Today arrived "An urgent message from ParetoLogic regarding the Conficker virus."

They say : Rumours have the virus becoming a time bomb set to explode on April 1, 2009. We are urging you to please scan your PC with ParetoLogic Anti-Virus PLUS today to see if you are infected or to use Anti-Virus PLUS to stop this threat now.

- Get Anti-Virus PLUS for $...... (60% Off) and Remove the Conficker Virus

- Run a Free Scan and See If You Are Infected

I choose to run the Free Scan.

Download, install and run a Scan took more then one hour on a fast Amilo Xi2428 under XP home.

Results :

--------- C:\programmes\superantispyware\sasdifsv.sys is considered infected and dangerous object

----------found threats by ParetoLogic (not detected by Superantispyware) are said to be :

- ""quantserve cookie"" (low threat), 1 entry in Registry

- ""Evision Megapro"" (high threat), in Registry: software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mycoputer\namespace\{4f19d601-7c1f- 11d3-badd- . 0060082831a6}

- ""Winpcap"" - (low threat), 1 entry in Registry

- ""Dropper BXH Trojan"" (high threat) in File: C:\programms\superantispyware\sasdifsv.sys and Registry hook C:\programms\superantispyware\sasdifsv.sys

(this is a file of the superantispyware installation)

- I addressed to Superantispyware costumer service, their comments: False Positives !

You cannot clean these issues, you need first to purchase the Pareto Logic Antivirus Plus.

This is evidently a "True Positive".

good luck to all on april 1, 2009

Hans

i2hhj