SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpyware Pre-Release 4.26

Technology update pre-release to handle the USERINIT.EXE hijacking that other products, and SUPERAntiSpyware have not been able to fix - now we can, you can download here:

https://www.superantispyware.com/prerelease.html

Technology Changes

* Numerous technology additions to the scanning engine to deal with new rootkit infections

* Technology to handle the hi-jacked USERINIT.EXE

* Enhanced Diagnostic Abilities

* Enhanced DDA (Direct Disk Access)

* Enhanced DRA( Direct Registry Access)

* Improved Kernel Drivers

So to repeat my question from my previous 4.26 thread, when do you plan to add Czech translation? It was finished and sent to you two months ago already.

Also, why is there a pre-release forum if you don't use it.

As for 4.26 itself, running fine on my XP SP3 (Czech).

Technology to handle the hi-jacked USERINIT.EXE

This only works when userinit.exe function is replaced by a different file name, am I right? If the userinit.exe is overwritten with a malware file, most times user can't even logon into Windows, much less run SAS :lol:

This only works when userinit.exe function is replaced by a different file name, am I right? If the userinit.exe is overwritten with a malware file, most times user can't even logon into Windows, much less run SAS :lol:

It will actually restore the original USERINIT.EXE if it's present on the system, which it has to be or else Windows wouldn't be able to start :)

Hi everyone, I just unstalled the new beta, I had a little problem , I got an Error 1316 on install but used the Microsoft Uninstall Tool and all was well. This beta seems to work very well with Kaspersky Internet Security. They back each other up in a way. I have been a long time SAS fan becuase it helped me with a Vundo problem awhile back and I have stuck with it ever since. The only thing I would like to see is a native 64bit platform but the program works in the X86 folder just fine. I am using Vista Ultimate 64bit and SAS finds all my bad searching habits and removes them LOL. :wink:

It will actually restore the original USERINIT.EXE if it's present on the system, which it has to be or else Windows wouldn't be able to start :)

Very nice. With the many times I have seen the USERINIT.EXE infected lately this will definitely be a welcome addition.

If you find any that we do not fix, please let us know so we can run our new diagnostic on the system and promptly fix it!

This was the error that had me baffled. But reading the FAQs on your webpage directed me to the Microsoft Uninstall Tool, without this tool, I would have never been able to install the new beta.

errorsas.png

I've seen cases where the userinit.exe gets overwritten by some malware file, and some anti-virus deletes the userinit.exe later. Result: user can't logon into Windows, in this case SAS won't help. However, this is a rare case.